Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 PM

3 posts, read 6,248 times

Advertisements

My son is traveling to Phoenix to work Oakland A's spring camp. We are not familiar with the area and need to find him a room for rent or some sort of place to stay while he is in town. Just want a safe and friendly neighborhood, as it will only be a place to sleep. During camp you work 7 days a week and 12 hours per day. If anyone can help with some advice on nice neighborhoods near Phoenix Municipal Stadium, it would be most appreciated. It is only for two months, which may pose an issue for some places, but price really is not an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:26 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybuilder View Post
My son is traveling to Phoenix to work Oakland A's spring camp. We are not familiar with the area and need to find him a room for rent or some sort of place to stay while he is in town. Just want a safe and friendly neighborhood, as it will only be a place to sleep. During camp you work 7 days a week and 12 hours per day. If anyone can help with some advice on nice neighborhoods near Phoenix Municipal Stadium, it would be most appreciated. It is only for two months, which may pose an issue for some places, but price really is not an issue.
Let me google that for you

Old 01-09-2009, 07:15 AM

674 posts, read 2,552,854 times
What about one of the many extended stay hotels that have daily, weekly, and monthly rates?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 AM

1,169 posts, read 5,267,610 times
The area East of Papago Park, South of McDowell and West of Scottsdale is fine. I have walked those neighborhoods a lot when heading over to Papago Park. As you get closer to McDowell there are more apartments and traffic so it's not as quiet and nice as the streets near McKellips.

Your son might have some luck finding a house with a room for rent using craigslist.

I would guess the other areas in South Scottsdale and North Tempe are also fine but don't know first hand. I have heard on this board that there is an undesirable area in Scottsdale somewhere around Thomas Rd.

Google maps is a good tool for getting a bird's eye view of these areas. The satellite view will show you the layout. The stadium is at the edge of Papago Park which is one of my favorite places in Phoenix.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 6,248 times
Thanks so much for your help. We have been using craigslist, but we know nothing of the neighborhoods. We will continue to look with the information that you have given us.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,925 times
Will your son be using public or private transportation? That will also make a difference as to what area you should be looking.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:18 AM

52 posts, read 183,021 times
I would look at Ahwatukee area it is nice, safe and not that far from the Oakland A's training camp at Tempe Diablo. It is maybe a 5 to 10 min drive.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,076 times
If your son has a car, he should be able to find a fully furnished room to rent, perhaps in a private home. Sports connection would be good, and of course, be prepared to provide references. If he needs to rely on public transportation, location will be critical.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 AM

687 posts, read 1,946,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azms2007 View Post
I would look at Ahwatukee area it is nice, safe and not that far from the Oakland A's training camp at Tempe Diablo. It is maybe a 5 to 10 min drive.
Doesn't Oakland play at Phoenix Muni?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azms2007 View Post
The A's are training at Phx Municipal, not Tempe Diablo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: