Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:48 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
WTF is a pantywaist?

You clearly said "unlike you, I am not about to go apologizing for it" and I never apologized for driving a truck.

EDIT - What do you mean intentions? I just find that Phoenix drivers are worse than most citys.
Couldn't agree more Karma or whatever your other name was. Mind you most of the people driving on the road are probably not Arizona born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A pantywaist is a milquetoast, of course.
Right...

Do you think you're special or something?

Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 PM

725 posts, read 2,322,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I just wanted to be clear that I did not approve of EITHER apologizing OR explaining why one chooses to drive a truck. I generally don't participate in the "Phoenix drivers" threads as I find them infantile. But, on occasion, the truck-bashing and stereotyping of truck drivers makes me mad. Sorry I ruffled your feathers <-- apology.
No need to apologize.

But you’re already a stereotype for driving 1 of those stupid trucks. Get mad all you want, but it’s true. Tuff beans, Get used to it.

Have a nice day.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
No need to apologize.

But you’re already a stereotype for driving 1 of those stupid trucks. Get mad all you want, but it’s true. Tuff beans, Get used to it.

Have a nice day.
Not all truck drivers are stupid, but this is something we deal with, truck drivers have a bad rep.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:24 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Trend-slaves in their crossover SUVs are lowest form of motoring life.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:38 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,509,550 times
Aye...if you drive a truck and use it for off-roading and for hauling stuff (either recreational or for work), cool. Those are the intended uses for trucks.

What gets me are people who drive a gargantuan SUV or jacked-up truck from their house to the Fry's two minutes down the street and back, and are typically the only person in the vehicle. Just seems like an incredible waste of gas, but what do I know? I've never felt compelled to drive a vehicle that sits higher than everyone else's just for the sake of doing so. Hell, I drive a car that has little-to-no chance of surviving a head-on or t-bone collision with a Ford Focus.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
Aye...if you drive a truck and use it for off-roading and for hauling stuff (either recreational or for work), cool. Those are the intended uses for trucks.

What gets me are people who drive a gargantuan SUV or jacked-up truck from their house to the Fry's two minutes down the street and back, and are typically the only person in the vehicle. Just seems like an incredible waste of gas, but what do I know? I've never felt compelled to drive a vehicle that sits higher than everyone else's just for the sake of doing so. Hell, I drive a car that has little-to-no chance of surviving a head-on or t-bone collision with a Ford Focus.
Those guys are douche bags, we call them mall crawlers, as opposed to rock crawlers.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,509,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Those guys are douche bags, we call them mall crawlers, as opposed to rock crawlers.
Ha, "mall crawlers"

I'd reckon it could also (in some cases) be "small peepee syndrome." You get the same thing from some people who own sports or custom cars

That's not to say I don't appreciate the automobiles or trucks themselves, but their owners sometimes leave a lot to be desired...

Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
Ha, "mall crawlers"

I'd reckon it could also (in some cases) be "small peepee syndrome." You get the same thing from some people who own sports or custom cars

That's not to say I don't appreciate the automobiles or trucks themselves, but their owners sometimes leave a lot to be desired...
I have noticed that many men under 5'10 are insecure about their height, most of them drive these type of trucks.

I wouldn't say the same for custom cars, those are a passion for some, not to make them look good.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
Maybe you were the bozo behind me Friday, flipping the bird as I did 68 in a 65 in the HOV lane?
There is always someone who thinks they should get to drive whatever speed they like, everyone else is stupid and a horrid driver, and the fast lane is theirs only.
Your last line here is interesting, as it applies to YOU in spades.

The fast lane is for faster drivers -- period. Slower drivers keep to the right. That's the law, and it's also common courtesy. You are not the police, and it is NOT your job to enforce traffic speeds. You do not get dictate to the people behind how fast they should be driving. How totally arrogant it is to try and enforce some arbitrary speed picked by you. If people want to go 74 MPH in a 65 zone or faster, let them. YOU are creating road-rage and interfering with traffic patterns by causing people to pass you on the right. You should think long and hard about your approach to driving and your interactions with other human beings, as your current behavior is sociopathic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area