U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,032 posts, read 4,909,816 times
Reputation: 2100

Advertisements

My Cigarett lighter is broken, but I have other future needs, and Its very hard to make frineds in this town and get advice. This is an electrical issue, is there someone who knows what they are doing, yet doesnt charge an arm and a leg?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 14,242,314 times
Reputation: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
My Cigarett lighter is broken, but I have other future needs, and Its very hard to make frineds in this town and get advice. This is an electrical issue, is there someone who knows what they are doing, yet doesnt charge an arm and a leg?
We take our's too Network Allignment in Gilbert. The Manager has become a personal friend of ours. Try them, or my Dad used to take his for years to Bumper to Bumper in Mesa and swore by them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 12:15 PM
wng
 
72 posts, read 231,916 times
Reputation: 44
It's probably just a blown fuse. Did you check the owner's manual for the fuse panel information?
Are any other electrical items not working? Usually, one fuse serves a number of circuits.
Sorry, don't know of any reputable mechanics or shops. Car Audio/Alarm shops are also good at electrical problems.

Heck, if I was in town, I'd offer to fix it for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,032 posts, read 4,909,816 times
Reputation: 2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wng View Post
It's probably just a blown fuse. Did you check the owner's manual for the fuse panel information?
Are any other electrical items not working? Usually, one fuse serves a number of circuits.
Sorry, don't know of any reputable mechanics or shops. Car Audio/Alarm shops are also good at electrical problems.

Heck, if I was in town, I'd offer to fix it for you.
Nope, wasnt a fuse, I changed all the fuses, even thought they looked fine. turns out it was never hooked up. 1/2 hour of work, 40 bucks. Problem solved
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
410 posts, read 1,220,139 times
Reputation: 296
We've gone to Kobar's auto in Gilbert (near Gilbert and Guadalupe) for the last 6 years and they've always been fair to me ( a woman) who brings her car in everytime it hiccups. They've actually sent me home telling me there is nothing wrong with my car (it's just a Dodge) LOL! It's family owned and they are great guys.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,032 posts, read 4,909,816 times
Reputation: 2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcater View Post
We've gone to Kobar's auto in Gilbert (near Gilbert and Guadalupe) for the last 6 years and they've always been fair to me ( a woman) who brings her car in everytime it hiccups. They've actually sent me home telling me there is nothing wrong with my car (it's just a Dodge) LOL! It's family owned and they are great guys.
yeah, they were the guys who fixed my lighter. Everyone else wanted to charege me 1 hour, or 85 dollars. I continue to go back if I wasnt leaving Gilbert forever
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top