Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,941,658 times

Advertisements

I think I can honestly say I can't remember the last time that it rain all day...morning to night, it's really a nice change.

According to my rain gauge, we've received 0.71" so far today. I'm in NW Phoenix near 67th Ave and Happy Valley Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 08:02 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,664,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I think I can honestly say I can't remember the last time that it rain all day...morning to night, it's really a nice change.

According to my rain gauge, we've received 0.71" so far today. I'm in NW Phoenix near 67th Ave and Happy Valley Rd.
I LOVE IT, and so do all my non-native plants on drip system! I'm pretty close to you around 99th Ave & Pinnacle Peak.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
I'm happy it waited until today to start. Was running an outdoor event that ended Sunday.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
You people may get the wind soon...it is gusting down in CG at probably close to 50....

Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,757 times
yeah I got caught in it driving home on the 202 maybe an hour ago. Now its blowing hard

Old 12-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Yup, just as I read your post granny, all the windows in my house started shaking... thanks for the warning!! LOL!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:45 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,062,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
I LOVE IT, and so do all my non-native plants on drip system! I'm pretty close to you around 99th Ave & Pinnacle Peak.
Quote:

Lucky, wish I was there, its FREEZING here in Minnesota. Of course everytime a Minnesotan wants to move here or someone asks for advice people only discuss the bad things and try to deter people from moving, for things such as the unemployment is high(which is worse in many other places), and the fact that arizona ranks very low in education. YES Minnesota ranks high, but there are plenty of terrible school districts here, and tons of failing schools and very poor test scores. The school district in st cloud, which is the largest school district in central minnesota (www.isd742.org) is quite bad, I only went there one year. The elementary school my sister went to, a week before school started, they sent a letter saying how their test scores and stuff are way below the state average, and the school district keeps talking about laying a ton of people off(maybe they have, I switched schools so I don't know, but my mom told me about how they're discussing if they should lay a ton of teachers off, I had a teacher last year say they're thinking of laying 40 teachers off), and they have also talked about closing another elementary, haven't heard much about that and I dont think they're going to be doing it, but they wouldn't think about it if they were doing well, now would they?

Basically Im just saying that people in Minnesota believe in arizona stereotypes about how it is extremely nice and warm, and talk about its much worse then we think, and people usually talk about how Minnesota is good in a lot of things too, which is a big stereotype too, and they don't realize it, because it isnt quite as good as you hear...

Anyway, not trying to troll or get off topic, BUT, I do love Minnesota(well, not really, but w/e) and yes I am aware of all the things in Arizona, and Minnesota is indeed very good in a lot of things, but with all that stuff, I would still love to move out of state down south...

And the rain down there you're getting sounds awesome.

Last edited by Radical_Car; 12-07-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
Quote:

The last time it rained all day was probably back in February. Since then, this year has been extremely dry. Today's rain will add to 2009's rainfall total, and prevent it from being the driest year on record (thank God). We still need about five more inches just to catch up.

I'm disappointed at the way these winds are starting in right now and drying out the atmosphere. There's even a blowing dust advisory until 11 PM. First, they said heavy rain tonight, and now they're talking about blowing dust??? Where are the heavy rains and flash floods they were predicting earlier???

Old 12-07-2009, 10:02 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
Yup, just as I read your post granny, all the windows in my house started shaking... thanks for the warning!! LOL!
Sorry, I was busy trying to get out my door...the wind ripped our big awning off the 5th wheel and I couldn't get out until it finished ripping it down...at least not out of the walls and the roller is okay, but my eyes are gritty from all the sand in the air... garage renovation is going to come fast this girlie thinks...

Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The last time it rained all day was probably back in February. Since then, this year has been extremely dry. Today's rain will add to 2009's rainfall total, and prevent it from being the driest year on record (thank God). We still need about five more inches just to catch up.

I'm disappointed at the way these winds are starting in right now and drying out the atmosphere. There's even a blowing dust advisory until 11 PM. First, they said heavy rain tonight, and now they're talking about blowing dust??? Where are the heavy rains and flash floods they were predicting earlier???
LOL! Thats the funny thing about AZ. Once the weather deviates from warm and sunny, I think the weatherman gets confused. They don't get enough practice predicting I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area