Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,705 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am excited to finally be posting on this forum.

My husband has taken a job located near the Williams Gateway Airport. We have two small children, ages 6 and 4. I am looking for an area that would be a good commute for my husband and great schools for the kids. I would like to be in an area that isn't too congested.

A friend of mine that lives in the area suggested Gold Canyon. I noticed that this area is part of the Apache Junction school district. Is this a good school system? The Gold Canyon town website looked very nice.

Any suggestions on great areas are appreciated! I'm really looking forward to this move.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,905,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymover2009 View Post
Hello! I am excited to finally be posting on this forum.

My husband has taken a job located near the Williams Gateway Airport. We have two small children, ages 6 and 4. I am looking for an area that would be a good commute for my husband and great schools for the kids. I would like to be in an area that isn't too congested.

A friend of mine that lives in the area suggested Gold Canyon. I noticed that this area is part of the Apache Junction school district. Is this a good school system? The Gold Canyon town website looked very nice.

Any suggestions on great areas are appreciated! I'm really looking forward to this move.

Thanks!

Gilbert schools, Highley Groves, Val Vista Lakes around that area is nice. I wish I could find a job around Williams Gateway conidering I live like 5 miles from it. I live by San Tan Village and that is Higley school district. I don't have school age kids right now but when I did they went to Gilberts schools.

Good Luck!!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 AM

410 posts, read 1,288,617 times
How exciting! Congratulations to your husband for landing the job! There are some awesome neighborhoods near the airport. As far as schools, here is a great resource to look at stats on area schools: Greatschools.net Search: Gold Canyon

Old 03-21-2009, 10:02 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,720,839 times
You can live almost anywhere in Gilbert, especially east and south east Gilbert, or east Mesa.

I view Gold Canyon as more of a retirement and golf community. It is nice there, and is in the foothills, but the school system is not as good as Gilbert.

Highland High is one of the best rated high school in Gilbert and is not far from the airport.

Desert Ridge is another highly rated high school. It's located in Mesa, but is a Gilbert Unified School District School. My grand children live in a newer section of Mesa to the east of the GM Proving grounds off of S. Mountain Rd. This is a cross over area where they can choose to attend Desert Ridge High in Gilbert. My grandson did not like the Mesa High School that he attended in 9th grade so he transferred th Desert Ridge, and loves it.

There is a very nice community in Mesa that is right next door to Desert Ridge High. The community name is Villages of Eastridge.

Val Vista Lakes at Baseline and Val Vista Dr. has an excellent elementary school and is in the Highland High School district. Of course there are many other nice areas in that district.

The lots throughout the valley are fairly small, usually plus or minus 1/4 acre, but I don't know what constitutes congested in your mind.

We live on the lake in Val Vista Lakes, and our lot is 12,000 (about 1/3 acre) With the lake view it appears much larger of course.

So you have a lot to choose from within a good commute distance from the airport. You can have horse property, golf property, or lake front property if you wish. It all will depend on your budget and the type of community you wish to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area