Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 AM

9 posts, read 11,229 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone i would like to introduce myself, I am claire and 33 years old. We moved to Spain last year from the UK, before we did this move we have spoken about moving to Arizona. We are still talking about moving to Arizona in the future not the immediate future but sometime in the future. I would like some information on the best places to visit to look into buying property in Arizona. Neither of us have been to Arizona at all but we are looking at spending a few months touring round and really would like to know the best family areas to look at.

Thankyou all for spending time reading this

Claire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 PM

Hi update we have just been looking at a property in Goodyear AZ, can anyone tell me whether this area is a okay area or not please

Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 PM

452 posts, read 1,722,750 times
We have friends who spend winters in Arizona and they love it!! I've never heard of the area of which you speak but I'm sure someone here can help you out.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:34 PM

428 posts, read 1,065,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpywell View Post
Hi update we have just been looking at a property in Goodyear AZ, can anyone tell me whether this area is a okay area or not please
Goodyear is wonderful. We've lived here for a long time and have always thought highly of the city. It has a lot of new shopping/dining etc, several great churches and it's easy to hit downtown Phoenix if necessary and only 30 mins from the airport (w/o rush hour traffic, that is...).

Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM

Thankyou very much for your advice, we quite liked to look for what we saw of Goodyear, we are planning on coming to visit AZ so we can look around at the areas we like the look of. Thanks again

Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
there are a lot of us goodyear people here - if you are coming out for a visit, stop by the board before hopping on the plane and ask for suggestions on things to see, do, eat, etc

there are a ton of options and a lot of great local knowledge here

Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 AM

Hi we have been looking at Goodyear and have had some good comments back, does anyone know anything about the following places:
Avondale
Lichfield Park
Tolleson
Cashion

Any information is much appreciated thank you

Old 04-17-2009, 10:52 AM

i would avoid all of tolleson - you'd be better off in avondale in the avondale rd/van buren area

i don't know much about cashion

pending on where you live within the cities the commutes into the city could be a little longer from goodyear/lp, but not by a whole lot and not enough to offset the advantages they hold over avondale and tolleson

Old 04-17-2009, 11:19 AM

Thankyou very much for your help, there is one more thing i dont know if you could help me with. If we decided to buy a property in Goodyear as a holiday home to start with do you have any idea what we would have to do e.g visa etc we wouldnt be moving there for another 4/5 years but we could buy one in the next year and move there later (just use as a hol home to start with)

Thanks

Old 04-17-2009, 11:51 AM

That I honestly wouldn't know where to start - i know nothing about the process and laws of foreign nationals (or US nationals with long term residences abroad) buying a home in the US and/or AZ

I'm pretty sure it can be done without too much extra difficulty though

Maybe someone else can chime in with some experience there.

In AZ it's fairly common to have part time residents, so it's not something the state/service providers wouldn't be able to deal with pretty routinely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area