Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,941,658 times

Advertisements

This is creepy...

Earlier I went to Desert Ridge, took the 101 eastbound, and remember passing by this photo radar van and checking my speed to make sure I wasn't speeding.

Just got home and saw on the news that someone shot up the photo radar van and killed the driver.

Photo camera worker fatally shot in Phoenix

On an unrelated note...or maybe related? Earlier in the day, driving down the road, there was a guy walking down the sidewalk with a black shirt that had the word JESUS in big yellow writing on the front and also had police looking belt complete with a gun in it's holster, just strolling down the sidewalk. This was on 75th Ave just south of the 101.

Where the hell am I living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 AM

263 posts, read 1,079,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
This is creepy...

Earlier I went to Desert Ridge, took the 101 eastbound, and remember passing by this photo radar van and checking my speed to make sure I wasn't speeding.

Just got home and saw on the news that someone shot up the photo radar van and killed the driver.

On an unrelated note...or maybe related? Earlier in the day, driving down the road, there was a guy walking down the sidewalk with a black shirt that had the word JESUS in big yellow writing on the front and also had police looking belt complete with a gun in it's holster, just strolling down the sidewalk. This was on 75th Ave just south of the 101.

Like my great grandma used to say "this place is turning into a los angeles".

This is so disgusting! I hate the stupid vans, but only because I don't want to get caught. We need them cuz EVERYONE is speeding. Theres' no repsect for law anymore. Even worse, there's little respect for human life. This is a shame for Arizona.

You should contact Sheriff's office or police to report what you seen, as it may be relevant. Ya never know...

Old 04-20-2009, 05:46 AM

3 posts, read 8,081 times
They have an ID on the car and the man who shot the worker, and you can bet they are actively searching for him.
I drove on the 101 last night, taking my sister back to school. This was after the man was shot, but it's still scary thinking how close this terrible thing is to my house.
I can not believe something like this could happen! I mean, I hate the speed cameras too and wish they would go away...but I cannot imagine killing someone over them!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,843,403 times
Just sickening. I hope they catch the shooter quickly.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Quote:
"this place is turning into a los angeles".
Actually - and a lot of people don't realize this - the murder rate in Phoenix is significantly higher than the rate in Los Angeles, which has actually been on a downswing the past few years under Police Chief Bratton.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
This is a horrible tragedy. I hope they find the ***** fast.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 AM

6 posts, read 18,459 times
Pretty sad. You bet your ass they are huge on finding this guy. Anyways, was surprised that AZCentral is not allowing comments on this story. I guess they figured the thread would be pages upon pages long.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
This is creepy...

Apparently you're living in a radar-van-hatin', Jesus-lovin', sidewalk-strollin', gun-totin' area.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2aoeu View Post
Pretty sad. You bet your ass they are huge on finding this guy. Anyways, was surprised that AZCentral is not allowing comments on this story. I guess they figured the thread would be pages upon pages long.
I'm actually not surprised at all. They knew they would get a lot of crazy junk along with legitimate comments. The man's family does not need that.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Actually - and a lot of people don't realize this - the murder rate in Phoenix is significantly higher than the rate in Los Angeles, which has actually been on a downswing the past few years under Police Chief Bratton.

la also has 2 more million people than phoenix so the murder rate will be higher

but phoenix had what over 200 murders in 08 and la had over 300
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area