Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
Ya might be cool if this wasn't the 100th time they have posted the exact same pics here. They are just spamming their website.
If you are that annoyed over it: use the Report feature.

Personally; I happen to like abqstyle's pics

Old 06-13-2009, 10:47 PM

963 posts, read 2,302,097 times
Default I love the Light Rail!

I just love taking photos of Phoenix! It's a great way to explore the city and to introduce it to newcomers. Plus, they give a visual reference to an outsider as to what the conversation is all about. I did post one photo twice so I am sorry if I annoyed anyone with that.

Here is a brand new photo, shot this afternoon. It has a mood not unlike an Edward Hopper painting and shows the stylish design of the 3rd & Washington station in downtown Phoenix. Again, I continue to be impressed with the cleanliness of the city. That tiny bit of what appears to be litter in this photo is actually a pigeon's feather. That pigeon was immediately arrested for littering by Sheriff Joe's Light Rail Posse, and awaits sentencing in an outdoor holding cell. He also faces a deportation hearing and his Metro Light Rail Pass was suspended for 15 days. ABQStyle

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/metro-light-rail-12.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Design7; 06-13-2009 at 10:57 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 11:43 AM

963 posts, read 2,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqstyle View Post
. . . That tiny bit of what appears to be litter in this photo is actually a pigeon's feather. That pigeon was immediately arrested for littering by Sheriff Joe's Light Rail Posse, and awaits sentencing in an outdoor holding cell. He also faces a deportation hearing and his Metro Light Rail Pass was suspended for 15 days. ABQStyle
After thinking about it, I must apologize for that joke expressed in poor taste. In spite of the injustice, inequities and corruption that taints all human governance today, I must still show respect for the authority those institutions exercise. Not to do so would make me just another small-minded malcontent who looks only for the bad in others. I cannot lower myself by going down that road.

ABQStyle

Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
Quote:
After thinking about it, I must apologize for that joke expressed in poor taste. In spite of the injustice, inequities and corruption that taints all human governance today, I must still show respect for the authority those institutions exercise. Not to do so would make me just another small-minded malcontent who looks only for the bad in others. I cannot lower myself by going down that road.

ABQStyle
Oh don't be so sensitive, it was HILARIOUS!!! LOL, I got a good laugh! Yes it is a political joke but that's nothing to apologize for...imagine if we had to feel bad every time we disagreed with government decisions. Why vote, why have a democracy. You are fine! Keep those awesome pictures coming as well!

Old 06-16-2009, 04:13 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,073 times
Quote:
I just love taking photos of Phoenix! It's a great way to explore the city and to introduce it to newcomers. Plus, they give a visual reference to an outsider as to what the conversation is all about. I did post one photo twice so I am sorry if I annoyed anyone with that.

Here is a brand new photo, shot this afternoon. It has a mood not unlike an Edward Hopper painting and shows the stylish design of the 3rd & Washington station in downtown Phoenix. Again, I continue to be impressed with the cleanliness of the city. That tiny bit of what appears to be litter in this photo is actually a pigeon's feather. That pigeon was immediately arrested for littering by Sheriff Joe's Light Rail Posse, and awaits sentencing in an outdoor holding cell. He also faces a deportation hearing and his Metro Light Rail Pass was suspended for 15 days. ABQStyle
I don't get it, what is this supposed to be a picture of, the light rail stop? Do you just walk around and take random pictures?

Just because you own a nice camera does not make you a professional. You can use a $5,000 camera to take a picture of a piece of ****, but in the end, it's still a piece of ****.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I don't get it, what is this supposed to be a picture of, the light rail stop? Do you just walk around and take random pictures?

Just because you own a nice camera does not make you a professional. You can use a $5,000 camera to take a picture of a piece of ****, but in the end, it's still a piece of ****.
and don't forget they **** up the pic with way too much photoshop.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,911 times
LIGHT RAIL IS A DISASTER. Getting back on subject here, the rail is losing $10,000,000 a month. It is costing $10 for every person that gets on. The city forged ahead without listening what happened to other cities. The only profitable rail systems like Salt Lake City run from the airport to downtown and uses turnstiles, not this honor system we have. Now we have problems with security on weekends as teens ride free to Tempe and gangs get on and harass passengers.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
and don't forget they **** up the pic with way too much photoshop.
Can't you two find something more important than this to grumble about?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Can't you two find something more important than this to grumble about?
naw I'm bored so I might aswell ***** about them posting the exact same pics in multiple threads to spam their website.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 AM

725 posts, read 2,322,290 times
Quote:

ABQStyle
Oh c'mon!!!!!!!! You don't have to apologize for a joke.

Most certainly you shouldn't have to bow down to these posters that make snide and dumb remarks about your pics.

I like your photos and I post quite a few here too - most of the ones I post here are just copied from the net but I have gotten lots of praises for just putting them here.

I figure that looking at awesome photos sure beats the $h!+ out of all these Debbie Downers that like to grumble about everything in sight!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area