Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:40 PM

132 posts, read 516,978 times

Advertisements

I absolutly hate the fact that the weather is perfect this time of year. Nothing makes me more mad than sitting outside watching the sunset in perfect weather. How do people live happily here?!?!?! I hate the fact that New York and Chicago get to have highs in the 40's with rain right now and all we get is crappy 80 and sunny, Man this place SUCKS!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:52 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,450 times
Well, I don't live in Phoenix, so I really cannot put my 2 cents in But I can say this much from my visits. I really HATE all those freeways you guys have there, it just makes it too easy to get around! Here I am stuck with nothing but surface streets and cannot get away from the traffic, therefore when I go to Phoenix i get lost on the freeways because it is just way too easy lol! I'm not used to that!
Great thread AJ661! I get a kick out of reading these! It's funny, now that there is a thread for everyone to bash on Phoenix, almost everyone is making jokes about hating it, and very few actual "complaints"...isn't life IRONIC?!

Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,075 times
Cool posts! I think we need a thread like this in the Miami forum! (You guys think Phoenix gets bashed... ) So, yeah, I can relate. Never been to Phoenix, but lived in Tucson. Yeah, it sucks! - No natural disasters! Where are the natural disasters? Power outages?
Man, I don't know how I lived there!

Old 04-10-2007, 12:44 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Great thread AJ661! I get a kick out of reading these! It's funny, now that there is a thread for everyone to bash on Phoenix, almost everyone is making jokes about hating it, and very few actual "complaints"...isn't life IRONIC?!
Yes it is. I seriously started this thread for people to vent, unload, say whatever bad things they could think of so it would be easy to find out all 'the bad stuff' and allow some of the other threads to stick to their original points. For example, how did "In Defense of Phoenix" turn into an assault on Phoenix? Oh well, go figure. I'm glad folks are having fun with it. It's the one thread I'm sticking to my promise of no defensive comments, no lectures, no sermons, (Zzzzzz) not even to my number one antagonist.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:31 AM

47 posts, read 198,871 times
I currently live in Manchester, England. It's great. We have maybe 300 days of rain every year, yet still manage to have water shortages! Phoenix has maybe 330 days of sun a year and everyone has sprinklers for their gardens. It must be awful. I work 8 miles from home and it takes me about 40 minutes by car. In AZ, my friend lives 7.5 miles from my house and it takes me 10-12 minutes by car. That's awful too. My son plays roller hockey in a sports hall in England. It has a wooden floor and is very small. In AZ he plays at Rollerplex in Peoria which has an Olympic size rink with sports court flooring. He hates it. And my pool in AZ is too small, and too cold in January! I hate Phoenix!

Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 PM

508 posts, read 1,673,291 times
I just remembered one more thing I friggin hate about Phoenix. The fact that I can get a teaching job. In San Diego families with kids are leaving at the rate of 48,000 per year so teachers are subbing for sometimes 5 or 6 years before being able to get a full time job. I absolutely hate the fact that when I move back to Phoenix this summer, I will already have several full time teaching offers. It is terrible to be able to provide for my family.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:17 PM

5 posts, read 41,388 times
What I hate is that I was dumb enough to leave and now have to go through all the trouble of selling a house in Colorado in an over priced market so I can get back to Phoenix and start hating all those awful swap meets where you can find all kinds of cool stuff for pennies. I really hated not being able to bundle all up in coats and boots to go get the mail. Most of all I hated not being able to shovel the sunshine.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:35 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,973,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswines View Post
How do people possibly live in such a culture-less waistland?
A waistland? I've certainly seen some land with lots of people with very large waists. But Phoenix really wasn't one of them.

LOL

Old 04-11-2007, 01:39 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,402,237 times
This thread is terrific. LOL! I'm not from AZ, but I'd sure like to visit sometime to see how much I would hate it

Old 04-11-2007, 06:28 PM

67 posts, read 303,549 times
I really hate that I am moving there in May, but I LOVE the fact that I live in over priced Connecticut. I'm sorry, "Corrupticut". Let's see our previous governor was kicked out of office and is in jail, the previous mayor of the ghetto town I live in is in jail, oh yea and the new mayor was just on t.v 2 months ago apologizing for having a cocaine addiction. He didnt get kicked out though. He's doing better than the ones before them. I love that in the past year my house and car got broken into, I carry mase when I walk my dog, I pay 950.00 to live in a studio apartment in a run down building, and I hate that who the hell knows where my taxes go....

So Censorship equals Denial, if all you have to worry about is strip malls, ugly apartment complexes and dusty phoenix... then I say that you have it pretty good. Come where I live and see how much you will appreciate phoenix...

I can't wait to get there....

oh yea and don't get me started on how much I LOVE the weather here...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area