Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:14 PM

19 posts, read 90,751 times

Advertisements

I hate that I have a calendar on my wall ticking days off until I move to Phoenix(ok, Mesa). I hate that it still says 47.

I hate that I have a very good friend in the area to help with my transition.

I hate that I have had the opportunity to live all over the US and a bit abroad, arming me with the frame of reference necessary to realize living anywhere is what you make of it.

But most of all, I hate the posters in this thread for splitting my side, slapping a stupid grin on my face and forcing me to register just to post!

p.s. I hate that I probably made a grammatical/spelling error and it will be pointed out in future posts.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:42 PM

362 posts, read 1,342,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
You'll never get these moments back that you wasted on your post. Just as an FYI.
Unfortunately, the only time I think I've wasted was the time it took me to read your ignorant response(s). Sorry you don't have anything better to do with your time..it's really unfortunate...I feel bad for you.

Taking the three minutes it took for me to list some of the fun things one can do in Phoenix (maybe you should take a look, since you're clearly lacking for anything productive to do with your time) isn't a waste, in my opinion. It's funny that in your attempt to belittle someone, you merely drew attention to the fact that you're seriously in need of a life.

In fact, it's no longer worth my time to respond to you...

Old 04-14-2007, 11:50 PM

362 posts, read 1,342,603 times
I hate that my yard is so low maintenance, that I just have to set my auto-drip system to turn on for ten minutes, two or three times a week. No grass to cut, no bushes to trim...it's too hard!

I hate that I can laugh at my television, when I see that the northeast is getting slammed with snow in January and February, while it's a boring 70 degrees and sunny here. That sucks!

I hate being able to go swimming in my backyard at night with my husband in April, while most of the country is still waiting to "open" their pools for the summer season. It's not fair to them, and I hate it!

I hate having such low property taxes, while so many other states are enjoying such high rates.

I hate having so much to do outdoors year-round. Why can't it be disgustingly humid in the summer and freezing cold in the winter like other places?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,777,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Just read your OP. What ARE the positives? If you are going to have an OP as such, you need to state them and I don't have the time to read through the whole thread.
Then Don't!!! I'm not sure what your point is. I read it as I wrote it and then I proof read it.

I was dead serious about the title when I wrote it. I was sick of reading negative comments interwoven throughout the Phoenix forum. I wanted to create and single thread for Phoenix haters. Well, they didn't take the bait.

The other members took the ball and ran in the opposite direction. They turned it into a humorous thread about the positives of Phoenix and I've enjoyed watching it happen. I think it's great. There WAS a thread about the positives that turned into a Phoenix bashing:
//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...e-phoenix.html

Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 AM

47 posts, read 198,608 times
AJ. This is a great thread, whether it was meant to be homorous or not.

I hate the fact that I've been to Phoenix 7 or 8 times, spending maybe 20 - 25 weeks there, and still I haven't managed to do all of the things I have planned 'cos there's just way too much. I don't understand how people can say there's nothing to do.

Cheers again AJ for the great thread.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:06 AM

253 posts, read 373,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOYAS View Post
I hate that my yard is so low maintenance, that I just have to set my auto-drip system to turn on for ten minutes, two or three times a week. No grass to cut, no bushes to trim...it's too hard!

I hate that I can laugh at my television, when I see that the northeast is getting slammed with snow in January and February, while it's a boring 70 degrees and sunny here. That sucks!

I hate being able to go swimming in my backyard at night with my husband in April, while most of the country is still waiting to "open" their pools for the summer season. It's not fair to them, and I hate it!

I hate having such low property taxes, while so many other states are enjoying such high rates.

I hate having so much to do outdoors year-round. Why can't it be disgustingly humid in the summer and freezing cold in the winter like other places?

Hmm, how strange. We have all of those conveniences here in So Cal, and about a thousand times MORE! (Yes, it's true, the property tax here in Newport Beach is 1.1%, and AZ corporate tax is now just as high as CA so there was no reason to stay there.)

Here's what I hate: That I wasted 7 years of my life in Phoenix and that I didn't move out sooner.

Oh yeah, I stayed that long because I couldn't afford Newport Beach until now. Which reminds me, the only reason anyone lives in Phoenix in the first place is the cheap cost of living.

An $8,000 Kia and a $300,000 Bentley can both get you from point A to point B, but despite the cost, people are still shelling out money for Bentleys. And that's why I moved to So Cal. Phoenix is a Kia and I've outgrown those.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:56 AM

28 posts, read 127,067 times
These are great! I am moving from Boston to Gilbert in July...and reading these cracked me up and made me even more excited.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,410 times
My major residences during my life have been Philadelphia, Phoenix metro, and Seattle. I happen to enjoy each of them for their uniqueness. They are very different places - all have their detractors and passionate advocates. Seattle helps me enjoy my AZ experience and AZ helps me enjoy my Seattle experience.

On my first visit to AZ in August, the tour guide at ASU mentioned that the heat in Arizona is "a dry heat." Someone in the group responded, "Yea, so is a blow tourch." I have used that line many times since then.

Joe

Old 04-15-2007, 02:46 PM

3 posts, read 10,021 times
"the only reason anyone lives in Phoenix in the first place is the cheap cost of living."

You say that like it's a bad thing!?! Me, I'd rather pay $3 a pack of cigs instead of $10!

Old 04-15-2007, 03:55 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,464,594 times
You know what I REALLY hate? Those lovely red, orange, pink and purple sunsets. Why would I want to trade gray, rainy skies for that?

Cheap cost of living? I'll go for that any day. To me that just means you can enjoy life just that little bit more. But it all comes down to what you want in life, doesn't it? I don't want to be rich, I don't want a mansion, I don't want fancy cars with their high insurance. I want a nice, comfortable middle-class family home for myself, my husband and my son, with friendly and down-to-earth neighbors, the joy of watching my granddaughter grow up, a little money saved in the bank for small pleasures and retirement and the warmth of the AZ sun on my face again. I require nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area