Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times

Advertisements

Where do you think are the best Phoenix Restaurants? I've been trying to find some of the good places in town (I'll be visiting in a few weeks for business), and would like some recommendations so I can make reservations. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 01:34 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,619 times
The Pitts Again (BBQ) about 55th Ave and Bell, Lenny's (Burgers) at 35th Ave and Thunderbird, and Joes Farm Grill (American) Higley Rd and Ray Rd. Those are my top choices.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,059,721 times
there are many excellent restaurants of all types in the Phx area - many hundreds of them....

what are your favorite types?....expensive, local, chain, Armenian?........

check out the food section at azcentral.com - the local newspaper's website.....

there are several threads in this subforum about favorite restaurants, too.....

Old 07-21-2009, 04:32 PM

116 posts, read 368,406 times
Which area are you visiting? are you looking for lunch or dinner or both?

Old 07-21-2009, 05:00 PM

549 posts, read 1,559,073 times
May I recommend, regardless of where you are, Lon's at the Hermosa? Great food, gorgeous setting, very genuine Arizona.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:13 PM

271 posts, read 839,118 times
My top 5 casual-upscale faves:

Cowboy Ciao
Cowboy Ciao - Downtown Scottsdale's Eclectic Restaurant and Wines

Digestif
Digestif - Downtown Scottsdale's Cal-Ital food for the soul

Noca
Welcome to NOCA

Prado at the Montelucia
Home

Quiessence
Quiessence Restaurant - Handcrafted American cuisine in Phoenix

Last edited by Rubee; 07-21-2009 at 06:31 PM..

Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 AM

5 posts, read 19,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
The Pitts Again (BBQ) about 55th Ave and Bell, Lenny's (Burgers) at 35th Ave and Thunderbird, and Joes Farm Grill (American) Higley Rd and Ray Rd. Those are my top choices.
So far IMO The Pitts Again is the best BBQ in Phoenix. I've only had one slab of ribs that were better. And you have to know the guy to get them. Maybe one day, if he can do it, he will share will all of you. But the brisket and pulled pork at the Pitts is also top notch.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:21 AM

7 posts, read 7,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRamma View Post
Where do you think are the best Phoenix Restaurants? I've been trying to find some of the good places in town (I'll be visiting in a few weeks for business), and would like some recommendations so I can make reservations. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
There is a huge thread started by Ivanacowboy(?) which is pretty durn good. Search the phx forums for it.

My fav if I had to pick....Carolinas for cheap sonoran mexican. Those fried chicken tacos with a side of guac can make you cry.

More upscale...Not my cup of tea...and Phx is not SF. Still, if I had to pick one....guess it would be Binkleys in Carefree. Very nice. It's a drive, but worth it if you are looking for fancy.

Phx has some real foodie gems...most are Mexican and under $10.00 a plate. You have to do a bit of research.

Oh, I'll throw this in: Try Scratch bakery for breakfast/lunch...it's on Indian School and Miller in Scottsdale. Really quite remarkable. And for ice cream/sorbet ya gotta try Sweet Republic on Shea in n.e. Scottsdale. It was voted best ice cream by Epicurious for a reason.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:47 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,619 times
"So far IMO The Pitts Again is the best BBQ in Phoenix."

They've won over 300 awards across the world for their BBQ. It's one of the best BBQ in the country!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 AM

271 posts, read 839,118 times
As others mentioned, Phoenix has great inexpensive spots too, but since you're looking for restaurants that take reservations, I wanted to second the recommendation for Binkley's. It's actually my favorite restaurant, but not in Phoenix. It's north of Phoenix, in Carefree, but definitely worth the drive. Also, just tried a new restaurant last night in North Scottsdale with a girlfriend. It was FANTASTIC. It's called Mosaic. Chef-owned, and her husband is the wine guy and manager. A new favorite to recommend. This is also a bit of a drive north, however.

Binkley's Restaurant

Mosaic Restaurant Scottsdale AZ

Also, be sure to check on summer closing hours at some of these places. For example, Binkley's is closed right now for summer break, but re-opens August 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area