Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:32 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,018,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
MORE THAN THE ILLEGALS, deckdoc? I bet not.

Take a look around you, those sanctuary cities are in debt up to their elbows proving the illegals are much more costly than enforcing the laws. Also, no one is able to put a dollar value on the personal injury and death directly associated with the arrogant common criminals so many refer to as undocumented aliens.
LOL, please provide documentation and evidence that the cities are in debt "up to their elbows proving the illegals are much more costly than enforcing the laws." Whatever that means??? That makes no sense. The city of Phoenix is the only agency with an actual task force, full-fledged unit, and undercover detectives risking their lives to bring down drug smugglers, drop-houses, coyotes and the notorious criminal element.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:46 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post

Arapiao actually does soemthing about illegal immigration and the "open borders" crowd can't stand it.
lol @ that comment. I am not about open borders, but im also against racism. You have a vietnamese, a guadamalian, iranian, scottsman, and a ukrianian. All are illegal, guess who Joe would arrest?

I find the growing ignorance in America over race getting old.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:04 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
I like I said in my original post...This has zero to do with illegal immigration yet that is your justification for looking the other way when Joe commits serious offenses.

Try defending this seizure without using the illegals argument.

I would love to hear why Joe needs access to the information when it has zero to do with his office.

I would love to know why it is OK that he ordered county employees arrested if they tried to stop him from seizing these computers.

And once again, this is seperate from any support you have for the man because of his stance on illegals.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I like I said in my original post...This has zero to do with illegal immigration yet that is your justification for looking the other way when Joe commits serious offenses.

Try defending this seizure without using the illegals argument.

I would love to hear why Joe needs access to the information when it has zero to do with his office.

I would love to know why it is OK that he ordered county employees arrested if they tried to stop him from seizing these computers.

And once again, this is seperate from any support you have for the man because of his stance on illegals.
Good to point out! However, the computers have law enforcement databases and files about the county, sheriff, and court on them. Arpiao was denied access to the computers pending litigation which he ignored and overstepped his authority. We have an executive, legislative, and judicial branch in place for a reason...for a balance of power and Arpaio discredited that system and completely ignored American political systems and the viability of checks and balances.

This was an inter-governmental agreement and procedure breached today by the Sheriff. The agreement stated that County administration would secure and run the computers and databases seized today. Not only can the sheriff not uphold agreements, but he breaks the law, and enforces peanuts over the real elephants.

What he did isn't too far from a branch of government ordering a coup of another. Let's hope there is severe and negative ramifications for the sheriff as soon as the judicial branch hears the case today on the illegal seizure.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:29 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Good to point out! However, the computers have law enforcement databases and files about the county, sheriff, and court on them. Arpiao was denied access to the computers pending litigation which he ignored and overstepped his authority. We have an executive, legislative, and judicial branch in place for a reason...for a balance of power and Arpaio discredited that system and completely ignored American political systems and the viability of checks and balances.

This was an inter-governmental agreement and procedure breached today by the Sheriff. The agreement stated that County administration would secure and run the computers and databases seized today. Not only can the sheriff not uphold agreements, but he breaks the law, and enforces peanuts over the real elephants.

What he did isn't too far from a branch of government ordering a coup of another. Let's hope there is severe and negative ramifications for the sheriff as soon as the judicial branch hears the case today on the illegal seizure.
Agree 100% with you.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I still support Joe. Wonder what monkey shine the county is up to prompting such a raid? We have an administration in power now that is just as power hungry and I fear just as intrusive.
Suffice to say: I have to agree with you..........there is more than meets the eye here-------and, Nappy and Co. would looove for Sheriff Joe to go down.

This coming from a former liberal---------myself.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
Oh and I do not believe the story someone told about meeting Sheriff Joe in the elevator. It is too anecdotal.
And besides in the unlikely event the story is true - maybe Joe was having a bad day - whatever, nobody cares - going after illegal immigration is more important.
Actually: I have met Sheriff Joe--------back ca. 1993. I have a copy of his book 'America's Toughest Sheriff' autographed to me.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,624,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
MORE THAN THE ILLEGALS, deckdoc? I bet not.

Take a look around you, those sanctuary cities are in debt up to their elbows proving the illegals are much more costly than enforcing the laws. Also, no one is able to put a dollar value on the personal injury and death directly associated with the arrogant common criminals so many refer to as undocumented aliens.
I lived in Los Angeles, Pasadena and then Arcadia in the 1950's and 1960's. PC took over and the finest police on earth were gradually replaced, then L.A. became a sanctuary city. Hate Arpiao all you want to but consider what crime will be like if he is replaced. The new sheriff will probably answer to Washington.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually: I have met Sheriff Joe--------back ca. 1993. I have a copy of his book 'America's Toughest Sheriff' autographed to me.
Hey Bear! I love when you post because although we don't always agree...there is something about your communication style that makes tactful communication easy, LOL! I'm a social liberal but in terms of government regulation, spending, enforcement I don't look so liberal on paper...However, I say burn the book! LOL...I am glad we live in a place where we can have a difference of opinion; however, I think that some issues trump opinion and in fact become constitutional. While there are laws and have been judgements that protect the minority of people and often oppose the majority of people, these type of situations are necessary. Roe v. Wade, U.S. Supreme Court Texas sodomy law ruling, School Integration, abolition of Jim Crow laws, restitution to prisoners of internment camps of Japanese Americans during WWII, etc that must be upheld and which instill sweeping change. Ousting Arpaio executively or judicially is necessary if he isn't "impeached" by the people. I think even people with honest intentions are confused by his words and "tough" persona but it is all vanity and smoke & mirrors.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
I lived in Los Angeles, Pasadena and then Arcadia in the 1950's and 1960's. PC took over and the finest police on earth were gradually replaced, then L.A. became a sanctuary city. Hate Arpiao all you want to but consider what crime will be like if he is replaced. The new sheriff will probably answer to Washington.
Well, the Phoenix P.D., an agency which has helped deter crime and has an outstanding undercover unit, detective force, anti-immigration drop-house unit, etc in a city that has experienced a 30% drop in violent crime and property crime and a steady decrease in crime the last 5 years, I'd say if someone was sheriff with real law enforcement knowledge, had a spirit of cooperation, and worked with the Phoenix P.D. and other local agency efforts then we'd have even less crime and an even larger reduction of drug smuggling, drop house activity, and coyote trekkers on our hands. However, instead of looking for drug runners, coyotes, illegal crossers, etc. he is checking paperwork at a factory where 99% of the employees will be legal workers. I say take care of the violent and socially imperative crime and then tackle illegal workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area