U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:31 AM

4 posts, read 40,017 times

Advertisements

Moving to Arizona to retire.... We have heard some news on different parts like Gilbert, Coolidge, Casa Grande, Chandler and Apache Junction. We would like to know more from anyone who is familiar with Apache Junction. If you have anthing good or bad to say about any of these towns I would appreciate any advice or information. Thanks...

Hope to hear from many of you soon.......
Rate this post positively

Old 04-27-2007, 11:38 AM

343 posts, read 468,363 times
Nice place for retirees! Gold Canyon is just east of Apache Junction and is also catering to you folks. You'll be happy with your choice, and there are many options.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 AM

Thanks....I read some other's comments on it. Some good some bad.

We are open to all suggestions near there. We like the mountains... and to be away from the big city. We are planning on RV...ing with a small RV/Van which will take us to plenty of big citys. Thanks for your reply...:-)))

Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 PM

2,855 posts, read 5,999,478 times
Hiya Rimrock Some people aren't too impressed by Apache Junction because it isn't very fancy or built up with shopping malls, but I really enjoy the atmosphere there. I haven't been back since I moved out of the country 6 years ago, so it may have changed since then. From what I recall it wasn't too crowded either.

From NJ are you? My parents are natives of Camden, moved to California in 1957

Old 04-27-2007, 04:27 PM

343 posts, read 468,363 times
That is RV central area you're talking about!! Close to the Superstitions, high country, etc. Start there and you can always change locations since you're RVing.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the info..

On the Camden part.........we are in Central Jersey. New Jersey is so crammed and the traffic is horrible. We can't wait to retire and enjoy life and not fight the traffic. We have to leave 1/2 hour to go anywhere to be on time.

Some of the people here need to upgrade their sensivity chip. It's a rush...rush...rush city.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:29 PM

17 posts, read 67,490 times
Also referred to locally and in real estate circles as APACHE JUNKTION.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 PM

70 posts, read 228,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Hiya Rimrock Some people aren't too impressed by Apache Junction because it isn't very fancy or built up with shopping malls, but I really enjoy the atmosphere there. I haven't been back since I moved out of the country 6 years ago, so it may have changed since then. From what I recall it wasn't too crowded either.

From NJ are you? My parents are natives of Camden, moved to California in 1957
I was born in Camden in 1978, but grew up in Haddonfield.

As for me now, I moved to north Scottsdale a year ago and have been through Apache Junction a few times. It is about 40 miles from me, takes about 45 minutes to get there during non rush hours. I was in that area because there are some great parks and hikes there. Lost Dutchman State Park is really beautiful and hikes like the Black Mesa Trail will make you feel like you are in a National Park. Great outdoorsy area in my opinion, but then again, so is most of Arizona.
I wouldn't want to live in AJ at this point in my life, but I can imagine for some active retirees it would be pretty good, but not amazing.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:30 AM

605 posts, read 1,250,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
Moving to Arizona to retire.... We have heard some news on different parts like Gilbert, Coolidge, Casa Grande, Chandler and Apache Junction. We would like to know more from anyone who is familiar with Apache Junction.
Apache Junction is very popular with retirees and winter visitors, and it is also attracting many young families. It is close to the Superstition Mountains and the upper Salt River so it is a good place to live if you enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, horseback riding, boating, fishing, and water sports.

Ken Akerman
Tempe, AZ

Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 11,649 times
Cool Another AZ retiree wannabe

I am another soon to be AZ retiree, along with my wife. Still have 2.4 years
to go, but we are beginning to shop for places to put new roots. Have been
scouring websites for both mfd & mobilehome housings. Noticed lots of places available in Apache Junction. We definitely prefer the East side of
Phx. Have friends in Queen Crk, but just not sure about that place.
Wanted to get ideas as to quality of life in/around Apache Junction.
Looking forward to spending time in the AZ sun!!//pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area