Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 7,288 times

Advertisements

Hi, We are moving to Phoenix for a few years in a couple of months (with work). We want to rent an apartment (pet friendly) We will be working around Chandler. Would you have any advise for us. Not sure what other info you need. Thanks Creme egg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,034,867 times
How much is your budget? What breed and how much does the dog weigh? Most apartments have weight and breed limits. What are some of your interests? Do you have kids? What things are important to you about a neighborhood? How many bedrooms do you need? These are just a few of the things that would help narrow it down so we can help you.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:16 AM

Hi Crystalys.

Thanks for the reply. The dog is small, weighs about 9kg (18lbs) a boston terrier so I hope she would not be an issue size wise.

We would be looking for 2/3 bed apartment, we do have a baby also.

Golf would be an interest, and being close enough to facilities (shops, restaurants, cinemas etc).

The budget would be in or around $1200 per calendar month.

The neighbourhood, I guess I would want the same as most, somewhere safe, ideally something that has a village feel to it. I believe Scottsdale would be a good place for this, but it would be too much of a distance for work in Chandler (or would it?)

We don't have much of a clue about Chandler / Phoenix. I do know that it's hot hot hot . We will be travelling from Europe

Old 08-17-2010, 09:15 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,034,867 times
The dog's size and breed will definitely not be a problem at all. Your budget of $1200 per month actually gives you more choices as far as what type of residence you can rent. Personally I would rent a house over an apartment but that may not be your choice. You can search online at websites like rentalhouses.com to get an idea of the rental rates near where you will be working. Zip codes for Chandler include 85224, 85225, 85226, 85244, 85246,85248 and 85249. If you do a search on this forum you will find a wealth of information on Chandler. Most comments will confirm that it is basically a good area for families.

As to your comment about Scottsdale, I would not describe it as having a "village" feel. When you say "village" feel do you mean a "small town" feel? Have you ever been to the U.S. or Arizona before? I don't know how much you know about the Phoenix area but I can't say there is any place that would have that in and around the city.

If you need more answers just keep posting your questions and I'm sure there will be many others who will respond as well. Good luck with your move.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:30 AM

Thanks very much for replying Crystalys.

That is good to hear about the dog not being an issue. We will have to stick with an apartment over a house, as the company we work for will only provide a house if you have a larger family.
We have been to the US many times, but never to Arizona. The closest was New Mexico & Nevada.

I had heard from some people that Scottsdale was more of a small town / village atmosphere than any other place, but I have nothing personally to base this on. We have been doing a little research and were thinking of the following complexes. Would you (or anyone else) know anything about these in particular? Anything to know / avoid

San Palacio
W. Germann Road

Montague @ Pecos Ranch
W.Germann Road

San Palmas
North Mission Park Boulevard

San Melia
South 48th Street

Old 08-17-2010, 06:20 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,175,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creme egg View Post
Thanks very much for replying Crystalys.

That is good to hear about the dog not being an issue. We will have to stick with an apartment over a house, as the company we work for will only provide a house if you have a larger family.
We have been to the US many times, but never to Arizona. The closest was New Mexico & Nevada.

I had heard from some people that Scottsdale was more of a small town / village atmosphere than any other place, but I have nothing personally to base this on. We have been doing a little research and were thinking of the following complexes. Would you (or anyone else) know anything about these in particular? Anything to know / avoid

San Palacio
W. Germann Road

Montague @ Pecos Ranch
W.Germann Road

San Palmas
North Mission Park Boulevard

San Melia
South 48th Street

The San Palacio property is gorgeous. All Mark-Taylor owned properties are very well maintained. Welcome to Arizona!

Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 AM

3 posts, read 5,887 times
Scottsdale has a small town feel only in the sense that the main shopping / entertainment district is compacted pretty well ( and happens to be one of the only decent ones worth going to in the entire valley). Do not be fooled though by thinking that all of scottsdale is this pleasent high income place, there is A TOOONNNNN of crime in some areas of scottsdale..I know someone on scottsdale PD..he isnt pulling over Audi's and mercedes all day, trust me. But in terms of what you want it may be a good choice. Another good area is Awatukee (never could spell it) the apartments are quite nice and its close to chandler / mesa with some decent shopping / malls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area