Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:41 AM

21 posts, read 65,105 times

Advertisements

I've been with AZCCU (Arizona Central Credit Union) for over two years now and just recently had a very bad experience with them; enough for me to take my business elsewhere.

Can anyone recommend a good Bank/CU here in the Chandler area for handling both business and personal accounts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Wow, not a single response to this? No recommendations at all?

Old 09-19-2009, 10:06 PM

78 posts, read 285,819 times
Over the past 1 year, I have seen definite change in Wells fargo. Customer Service has improved gradually.
Hope this helps

Old 09-19-2009, 11:18 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,033,367 times
I left ACCU several years ago and have been with Desert Schools Fed. CU since. Have no complaints about them at all. Good customer service.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:27 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,429,681 times
I switched to Desert Schools from BOA, and I have had tons of problems with them, their fees are unreal, and they treat you like a criminal if you get behind on anything.

I recently switched to Chase and took advantage of the $100 free promotion.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:18 AM

132 posts, read 427,426 times
US Bank. Seriously. They're inside a lot of Safeways in PHX and have quite a few independent branches. I've dealt with a lot of "big banks" (Chase, the old WaMu, HSBC, etc.) and US Bank has been the best by far. Always great customer service, nearly zero added fees, and it's convenient (for me anyways).

Old 09-20-2009, 09:17 PM

I've actually decided to go with National Bank of Arizona. They are rated #1 in the state and have a very strong business structure, plus their cap is 18% compared to, say, Desert Schools, which is 8%.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:02 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,481,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I switched to Desert Schools from BOA, and I have had tons of problems with them, their fees are unreal, and they treat you like a criminal if you get behind on anything.

I recently switched to Chase and took advantage of the $100 free promotion.
I've had an account at Desert Schools for 22 years, never had a problem. Fees at banks are just as high or higher, and I have never
been "treated like a criminal" when I was late. Not sure what you mean.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handiquack View Post
US Bank. Seriously. They're inside a lot of Safeways in PHX and have quite a few independent branches. I've dealt with a lot of "big banks" (Chase, the old WaMu, HSBC, etc.) and US Bank has been the best by far. Always great customer service, nearly zero added fees, and it's convenient (for me anyways).
I was with US Bank in MN. In september, I closed down a business entity, but kept the account open until year end per my accountant. I was no longer using the bank account. Some stupid little $4.00 service charge popped up and since my business address had changed, my mail was getting lost in space. US Bank has a $37.00 OD fee and $8.00/ day after that!!!! OF course by the time I figured out I was OD, the $4.00 charge was up to $134.00. I wen tto a local branch and asked to have the fees reversed and they said they would submit it to their branch manager and they would let me know. After not hearing back for a few days, I went online and saw that they did not reverse the fees, which they acted pretty confident that the fees would be removed, when I was in the branch, but did not do anything about it, so I incurred another 5-6 days of $8.00 fees per day. IMHO, this is criminal!! I closed all accounts there and when I move to Phoenix, I will be looking for a Credit Union that has more of a "personal banking" side or a large institution, but nothing that has this daily BS taking place!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:52 PM

I actually went with Desert Schools Federal Credit Union. So far they've been awesome, and I definitely recommend them and the people @ the Fry's branch @ Alma School and Germann.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: