Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:41 PM

55 posts, read 123,595 times

Advertisements

So, I was at the Target parking lot and it was about a 92 degree day and there is a dog in the car with the windows down.... damn me for leaving my cell phone at home that day charging; but what f$cking moron leaves their dog in a car in 92 degree heat??? I looked for a phone or a cop in the parking lot. Nada. I am only praying that the moron owners came out fast from the store OR someone else saw this!!!

People -- if it's hot for YOU in the car, then it's hot for the dog too!!! Leaving the windows half assed cracked does not help!

Old 10-21-2008, 02:54 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,762,672 times
people here leave their kids in the car all the time to die so dogs are no big deal. Atleast the windows were rolled down.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:06 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,138,335 times
I'll admit leaving kids and pets in cars with the windows up is a huge problem here in the valley but today I stopped for a quick bite to eat and ate my lunch in my truck...windows down...engine off and was comfortable. Obviously the dog wasn't in distress...or you wouldn't have just walked away right?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:51 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotinthecity View Post
So, I was at the Target parking lot and it was about a 92 degree day and there is a dog in the car with the windows down.... damn me for leaving my cell phone at home that day charging; but what f$cking moron leaves their dog in a car in 92 degree heat??? I looked for a phone or a cop in the parking lot. Nada. I am only praying that the moron owners came out fast from the store OR someone else saw this!!!

People -- if it's hot for YOU in the car, then it's hot for the dog too!!! Leaving the windows half assed cracked does not help!

Just an observation, but could you have gone back into Target and used their phone? Or you could have noted their license plate and told the manager and they could have used the PA system to call them to the front of the store and discreetly talk to them about the situation. I commend you on your outrage, and unfortunately the other posters are right. About 5 months ago I went to my son's school and when I parked I looked into the car next to me and there was a baby in the car seat. It was May and the temperature was like it is now. I immediately saw and went to a crossing guard in the parking lot and reported it. If I had not seen that person I would have reported it to the office personnel. When I came back out the crossing guard said she went over to the car and within 1 minute an adult came out and got in the car. Still, nobody should leave a baby in a car seat at all. I don't care if you've been up all night with that baby.....it's just too dangerous. Yes, I speak from experience. Back in Massachusettes, I would occassionally see this situation in the winter time. I had 3 children under 7 at the time and would take them all with me into the store, no matter what the weather of if they were sleeping. I also would not stop at a convenience store and leave the car running for just a minute. It take less than that for a car thief. Please people, I know sometimes it is hard but train yourself to think. No matter how tired or weary or inconvienenced you are, these are your defenseless children! If you aren't diligent about their care every minute of the day then I hope a stranger will be.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:

I agree, Hot . . . the ultimate example of STUPIDITY and obvious ANIMAL ABUSE!

Whenever I witness a similar scenario, I immediately call 911.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM

You're right ---- I should have gone back into Target, I should have done more. Now, I feel horribly guilty. I really hope that the owners came out right away!!! I'll never leave my cell at home again or walk away..........

Old 10-23-2008, 08:27 AM

4 posts, read 10,924 times
I have a MAJOR problem with people that drive around (even on the thruway) with their dog in the back of their truck. Isn't there some kind of law against this?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:35 AM

339 posts, read 1,262,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieRae View Post
I have a MAJOR problem with people that drive around (even on the thruway) with their dog in the back of their truck. Isn't there some kind of law against this?
This happens all over the place in the UK too, generally with farmers moving sheepdogs. I have also seen people riding this way and I have a feeling that there is not much wrong with it as long as the dog has been trained to stay in the vehicle, which most of them do, or if they are leashed so that they cannot exit.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:58 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
Quote:
You're right ---- I should have gone back into Target, I should have done more. Now, I feel horribly guilty. I really hope that the owners came out right away!!! I'll never leave my cell at home again or walk away..........
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel horribly guilty. It's enough to know that you cared enough to feel for the dog and that from now on you will take action if the need arises again. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM

It's okay. I just know that next time, I'll be way more pro-active!!!

In CA, there is a law against dogs in back of trucks; not sure if there is one out here but there should be.

What is wrong with some people out here??? rrrgh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area