Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,997 times

Advertisements

It sucks. Highest divorce rate the country. Everyone cheats. No one has any morals or values. What more can I say? Come here with a happy family, and wind up with a cheating husband or wife, and your kids growing up in a broken family. True paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 03:01 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,869,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin III View Post
It sucks. Highest divorce rate the country. Everyone cheats. No one has any morals or values. What more can I say? Come here with a happy family, and wind up with a cheating husband or wife, and your kids growing up in a broken family. True paradise.

I think maybe Ben F had his head buried somewhere , and missed what was going on in his own life... I must be getting too old, I have been here for 3 months now and no stinking offers...

Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM

49 posts, read 107,802 times
LMAO @ no offers. Divorce is everywhere. Everything happens for a reason and hopefully I am supposed to go to Pheonix and it will all work out.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:52 PM

4 posts, read 7,099 times
Smile Area recommendation

I moved here from the northeast 3 1/12 yrs ago and love it! An area that will meet most of your wants/needs is the Mesa/Gilbert/Apache Junction areas. Take Power Road & 60 Fwy (Maricopa Fwy) in east Mesa. This area has it all! If you can't find it, it probably doesn't exist! Superstition Springs Mall is next to the Fwy on Power Rd, lots of shopping centers within several miles in either direction, good selection of homes to buy or rent. If you need some information regarding rent prices contact me, I'm a Realtor, and can email you some information. All the usual food chains in this area as well as department store chains. About 10 miles east on the 60 Fwy is the Superstition Mountains where there's miles and miles of hiking, nearby Rt. 88 are several lakes for boating and overnight camping. The mountain views are awesome! Horseback riding in this area also, if it's of interest. In the summer is the Usery Mountains to tube raft. Lots to do in this area. If you miss the snow, you can drive to Payson about 1 1/2 hrs. north. The ocean is about an 8 hour drive to San Diego/Los Angeles areas. The dry weather and low humidity would be good for your health issues. As for jobs, it's like any other big city with the economy today. Check out Career Builder.com, Jobing.com, or Monster.com in the Phoenix area to see what jobs are available. If you haven't been here before, come visit to check it out. Right by the 60 Fwy & Power Rd. are several hotels, Harkins movie theather, shopping mall and a ton of resturants (many within 1 block walking distance). Good luck!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,452,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin III View Post
I don't think this city has anything to do with breaking up happy families. I don't know what the statistics are re: "highest divorce rate in the country" but I can say this. A high percentage of our divorce rate over the years came from people who moved here already having issues, and thought a fresh start/change of scenery would help. It doesn't, usually. So, we end up with the statistic for a marriage that had really already failed.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,666,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filly girl View Post
I moved here from the northeast 3 1/12 yrs ago and love it! An area that will meet most of your wants/needs is the Mesa/Gilbert/Apache Junction areas.
Every part of Metro Phoenix is truly identical and will be able to meet all of your needs. I can't think of one reason why you would single out that area as THE place that has everything.

Im not joking when I say that about every few miles or so, you will see the same shopping centers with the same stores, OVER & OVER & OVER again. The whole valley is your oyster when it comes to meeting shopping needs. The redundancy of stores that all sell identical merchandise is maddening to me, BUT thats another topic.

Most of the big box corporate stores here are engaged in what I would call retail hopscotch and are allowed to use Phoenix as their playground. If a Target is built, Walmart will squeeze itself nearby to get its share of the market. When Home Depot is built, Lowes jumps in to grab their share too. This cycle is repeated valleywide and with various corporate chains like Ross vs TJ maxx, Cost Plus vs Pier One. Walgreens vs Eckerds / CVS. Frys vs Bashas & albertsons etc. Who knows how far this game will extend into the desert?

Only point being that there really is no reason to pick one part over another except for basing it on where you will drive to everyday. Everyone has all of these places within minutes guaranteed

Dont misunderstand, I have nothing bad to say about the east valley area other than the area you pointed out is REALLY far out east, I mean AJ at least... its on the fringes and not convenient to anything other than the same selection of stores that everyone everywhere has near them here. Oh and the superstition mountains are awesome looking.

Last edited by cmist; 11-09-2009 at 08:21 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:33 AM

6 posts, read 18,541 times
Wow, I am thinking about moving to the Phoeniz area too-from Georgia also! However, after reading the replies to your post, my excitement is not so much anymore. My area will be the Surprise area. I would be apart of an interracial-hispanic/irish and Black/native American/caucasian union. How would it fair for me to live in the Phoenix/Surprise Area?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 AM

14 posts, read 26,166 times
I moved from Michigan to South Carolina then Arizona but left for about 3 months to live in Mississippi and let me tell you I LOVE IT HERE! I never want to remove snow from my car or sidewalk ever again! I hate continues rainy days. On Halloween you can wear just your costume not a winter coat over it. On Thanksgiving you can go for a walk in shorts and a t-shirt and if you get your child a bike for Christmas, they can actully ride it that day. Don't get me wrong.. I love to VISIT those other states but prefer to live here in Arizona. All I have to say about moving is be careful about where you move to. Check out the area ahead of time. I moved from the East Valley (Mesa) all the way out to the West Valley (Buckeye) and there are a lot of farms out here and sometimes when the wind is right, the smell could make you puke! I'm moving as soon as my lease is up to a less smelly area.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 AM

14 posts, read 26,166 times
I'm looking in the Surprise area myself. I have visited out there a few times and loved it. I can't wait to move out that way. Very nice area and people seemed friendly.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,452,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapeseeker View Post
Wow, I am thinking about moving to the Phoeniz area too-from Georgia also! However, after reading the replies to your post, my excitement is not so much anymore. My area will be the Surprise area. I would be apart of an interracial-hispanic/irish and Black/native American/caucasian union. How would it fair for me to live in the Phoenix/Surprise Area?
There are all kinds of mixed marriages here, spread through all sorts of socioeconomic levels. Neighborhoods here seem to form based on socioeconomics, not based on race or ethnic origin. You will be fine in Surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area