Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times

Advertisements

....that scratched my truck yesterday at my local Fry's supermarket.

I purposefully park my vehicle as far from any entrance to an establishment as I can, leaving the "closer" spaces for older folks and such.

It also helps to eliminate the accidental dings from car doors, shopping carts, etc.

While my wife and I are certainly not "wealthy", we plan ahead to make sure that we drive "nice" vehicles that are reliable. And we keep them that way. For those "not in the know", it's called "Pride of Ownership".

However "cute" you thought this action was, let me tell you that you need to get a life. Trust me folks, this was no accident.

It was done with a sharp object about five feet high.

Anyhoo, instead of watching the Cardinals open a can of "Whoop-Ass" on the Bears yesterday, I spent part of my afternoon buffing as much as I could. Sadly, it's gonna need a paint job. That was not in our budget.

I'm wondering if this "person" was jealous, hateful, or just plain bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
....that scratched my truck yesterday at my local Fry's supermarket.

I purposefully park my vehicle as far from any entrance to an establishment as I can, leaving the "closer" spaces for older folks and such.

It also helps to eliminate the accidental dings from car doors, shopping carts, etc.

While my wife and I are certainly not "wealthy", we plan ahead to make sure that we drive "nice" vehicles that are reliable. And we keep them that way. For those "not in the know", it's called "Pride of Ownership".

However "cute" you thought this action was, let me tell you that you need to get a life. Trust me folks, this was no accident.

It was done with a sharp object about five feet high.

Anyhoo, instead of watching the Cardinals open a can of "Whoop-Ass" on the Bears yesterday, I spent part of my afternoon buffing as much as I could. Sadly, it's gonna need a paint job. That was not in our budget.

I'm wondering if this "person" was jealous, hateful, or just plain bored.
I have had this happen to me on a car I customized. I got a haircut on 67th avenue and peoria. I got out to find my car "keyed" on both sides. I tried the buffing to no avail too. One question though, did you double park your car? For some reason, that seems to invite these jerks. My car unfortunately was double parked, but far away from everyone else's cars.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
did they key your car or just hit it with their door?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
You did not read the thread thoroughly. There is a big difference in having your car "door dinged", than having it vandalized like YAZ and I did.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-09-2009 at 04:03 PM..

Old 11-09-2009, 12:24 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,763 times
What are the odds that the person who did it actually reads city-data forums?

Buff, touch-up if you can...if not, then insurance? Or not. Report it do the police, see if parking lot security cameras can identify the incident and perpetrator?

You have options here other than venting on an anonymous forum.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
did they key your car or just hit it with their door?
Definetly "keyed".

Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Definetly "keyed".
seeing a lot of hatred towards old people esp with money. btw it is also very prevalent in france in the suburbs of paris, not just here. unsolicited advice, dont strut your stuff, a worn or dirty cluttered vehicle and old clothing attracts less attention

Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Were you using more than one parking spot?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
What are the odds that the person who did it actually reads city-data forums?

Buff, touch-up if you can...if not, then insurance? Or not. Report it do the police, see if parking lot security cameras can identify the incident and perpetrator?

You have options here other than venting on an anonymous forum.
Odds?

Astronomical.

Venting?

You bet I am.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:31 PM

I was parked legitimately. Empty spaces all around me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area