U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 PM

2,897 posts, read 9,719,290 times

Advertisements

You don't need a diving board, I have seen some amazing back yards that utilize the roof or large boulder waterfalls for diving.

I don't get why people are concerned with heating their pools, we can swim 9 months out of the year, the other 3 you should relax in a hot tub!

Deeper pools stay cold, I hate getting in a play pool in the summer, it's like a big bathtub, what's the point?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 08:40 PM

12 posts, read 69,164 times
Well thank you all for your very lively discussion on the pros and cons of diving pools and play pools. It is only my husband and I and we will not be diving nor would any of our friends. So half of our pool would be of no use to us. The pool is empty right now and it looks like you would not be able to dive with any length. It seems like the shallow end comes up very quickly, so it looks to be good only for a great cannonball. Can anyone give me the name of a pool dealer that they have used and they think is very good and reliable? Thank you.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:32 PM

12 posts, read 69,164 times
Are you kidding me? My husband just got off the phone with a pool company and for a depth conversion we were quoted a price of 11k plus depending on the surface it could be another 4-5k. And this is to convert from diving to play pool, no digging involved!!! How much would a brand new play pool cost?

Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM

11,304 posts, read 19,258,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty413 View Post
How much would a brand new play pool cost?
That's like asking what a new car or house would cost. Answers varies all over the map depending on what you get. Shop around.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,311 times
Look to the original message. They do not want a diving pool. All of these comments trying to convince them to keep the diving pool are off on a tangent. The answer appears to be that, yes, you can convert a diving pool to a play pool. I'm glad to see a positive response because I will be buying a home in Phoenix within the next few months and, one, do not swim, and, two, do not care for the additional liability of a diving pool. I'll be checking with a pool contractor, but if he agrees, I won't have to remove X number of houses from consideration just because they have a diving pool.

Thanks for all the information

Old 01-08-2016, 09:46 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,121,989 times
I recommend sturdy pool covers as a good guard against liability, as well as locking pool fences of course. These can keep your pool very safe and covered when not in use.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:59 AM

17,840 posts, read 39,653,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel86 View Post
Look to the original message. They do not want a diving pool. All of these comments trying to convince them to keep the diving pool are off on a tangent. The answer appears to be that, yes, you can convert a diving pool to a play pool. I'm glad to see a positive response because I will be buying a home in Phoenix within the next few months and, one, do not swim, and, two, do not care for the additional liability of a diving pool. I'll be checking with a pool contractor, but if he agrees, I won't have to remove X number of houses from consideration just because they have a diving pool.

Thanks for all the information

I know you are new here, but it's important to look at dates on threads. This thread is six years old, so the original poster has handled the situation and moved on.

Best of luck in your house hunt. It seems to me that more and more newer pools are the play pool variety, so you may have luck in finding one with the kind of pool you prefer to start with.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,311 times
Thanks for the tip. I sure didn't notice the date.

As for my search, I've been out there a few times already, even before finishing my house and listing it, and I'm seeing some very nice houses that seem to fit the bill. I'm so anxious to escape Midwest weather.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,021 times
I know sports pools are safer, how do you change (if feasible ) a diving pool to sports pool?

Old 04-24-2016, 05:08 PM

8,369 posts, read 14,396,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whille7409 View Post
I know sports pools are safer, how do you change (if feasible ) a diving pool to sports pool?
Concrete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area