Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:11 PM

178 posts, read 480,744 times

Advertisements

No Problem Bummer. Just got to respect what these men and women do, its tough trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 09:15 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Greeting's ,

No more American "Illegal Alien Debacle" ..... and I do mean "Game Over !!!

Keep up the "Great Work Sheriff Arpaio !

Thanks / Lamar
I'm not sure if you have ever lived in in Maricopa Co. or even AZ. If you are going by what you see on CNN or Fox you should know that it's a distorted truth. Yeah, the tent city with the pink undies is kind of cool. He does more "show" then anything else. He is not some law enforcement guru. In fact, he is probibly sued more then any law enforcement official in the country because he abuses/breaks so many laws. The reason he hasn't lost his job is because everyone is scared of him(he even stumped for Napolitano when she was running for Gov. because she was to scared(or wanted the votes) to try him in a court of law). I would encourage anyone that would like to know more about our Sheriff to look at the feature articles in the New Times. They have some top notch investigating reporting. The stuff I read truly blows my mind. I wish that the Republic would actually report some of this stuff. They are also to scared.......
Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Special Reports - Phoenix Get back to me when you know what you're talking about.

Last edited by roundball; 11-19-2009 at 09:32 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not true: I have seem MCSO units here in central/west Mesa 'light up' a motorist.
True, but ONLY if it is a county island, which DOES exist in central/west Mesa or if they were given jurisdictional authority. For instance, if you've ever been to a Cardinals game, you will see officers from all over the Valley; Scottsdale to Avondale PD volunteer for such events and are given limited jurisdiction. This is true for the Sheriff as well BUT they cannot "patrol" streets on a whim; it must be for permissible purposes; this is one reason some have trouble with the sweeps the sheriff conducts! However, those are matters of state law and not municipal ordinances. Big difference.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post

Sheriff Joke Arpaio is telling the public he gives orders that must be followed and "not some judge!" Wow, you have to be kidding me. Throw the detention officer AND the sheriff in jail for contempt of court. Put this loose cannon back in his place. He was elected, but isn't above the law and isn't "the law of the land" especially when officers of the court, like a judge, are involved in the matter! What a lunatic...if the Justice Department didn't have evidence of his inability to spearhead a department, they do now.

Officer found in contempt of court in document case

He is dangerously flirting with his career and with the law.
SHERIFF JOE IS A GREAT AMERICAN, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FOR THE CITIZENS OF MARICOPA COUNTY.(I wish we had him were I live)

Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,321,180 times
Arpaio is a joke. He's living out his little boy fantasy at the expense of Arizona's reputation. Such a fat little tough guy. I'm betting that he will be Found Out and behind bars himself within five years. Probably for something horribly embarassing.

What a joke.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:27 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
SHERIFF JOE IS A GREAT AMERICAN, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FOR THE CITIZENS OF MARICOPA COUNTY.(I wish we had him were I live)
Right, because it is very American to not obey rulings by a JUDGE...what law is he enforcing by disobeying a court ruling exactly? There is no issue of law enforcement in this instance; this is a pigheaded sheriff who finds himself above the law and judgement of an officer of the court; a HUGE no-no in the American legal system. Become informed of the issues before commenting please.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Please take an hour to read some of the articles from the link I posted. You may think you know what is going on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post

Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
It's a tough job being Sheriff and he continues to have enough support of the people to keep his job...

I can't think of any other place the typifies the wild west cowboy than where he is...

If enough voters think it's time for him to go... he will be gone.

Years back he made news because he was subjecting inmates to Military living conditions... living in the Tents in Desert. If the point was to get sympathy for the Prisoners... it did not work... try living in the conditions in the Gulf and add people shooting at you... as many in our military endure.

The idea is not to have repeat offenders... how is his recidivism rate?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:47 PM

OMG...I usually stay away from all of these Sheriff Joe threads because they can reach 15 pages in a day and it frustrates the hell out of me. I can understand how people from out of state can be fooled. It blows my mind how anyone out of Sun City can..............Craziness.

one last time Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Special Reports - Phoenix please read!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:48 PM

178 posts, read 480,744 times
The Sheriff's recidivism rate I do not know. As for myself I can say that I do not believe anyone is trying to drum up empathy for the inmates, though there is some truth that it was a secondary effect. To our brave soldiers who are fighting in lands far away and hostile my heart goes out to them.

Sticking to the case at hand, I give credit to Arpaio for standing behind his officer publicly despite the officers bad judgment making the copies. They just need to move the trial to a new venue, redirect the officer on what to do better in the future, let due process run the course if the judge feels it is warranted. The Sheriff and the Judge have a legitimate dispute over media rights to the facility. Arpaio runs the unit and so he calls the shots to when media assembles, but His/Her honor should also be able to bring public attention to any mistrial found. The two of them need to respectfully resolve this and not act like "My Jail you don't call KTAR I do!" the whole thing is childish. The sheriff just did not want this made public because it looks like he did not properly train his staff to legal protocols and this whole thing reflects poorly on his agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area