Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 12:45 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,638,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I heard through thee grapevine that thee Colts will win the Superbowl 23-17 .
I just realized something.....you had part of the score right

Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Sympathy for a city doesnt win footbal games, my friend. Besides, I grew up in Indianapolis and know this team like the back of my hand. The Colts are 'not motivated' to win?? LOL!!! You definately do not know the Indianapolis Colts in the least. No matter. They will still win.
Listen to interviews with Brees and Payton after the game - the empathy the team shared with the city did indeed win this one.

I don't usually say "told you so", but hey.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 07:50 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,364,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Wow, thanks a lot guys. I of course wanted the Colts to win ATS. This whole ordeal has cost me $100, and I never usually bet on sports.
Can you imagine where you'd be if you had bet that same $100 on the "underdog" Saints?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,454 times
Does anyone know if there is an actual Saints Fan Club in Phoenix??

Old 11-03-2013, 12:28 AM

Ok, I know it's a very old discussion but I didn't want to start a new one - do a bunch of Saints fans still watch the games at the Arcadia Tavern? I'm going to be in PHX on a Saints game Sunday (finally!) and want to watch somewhere that there will be some other Saints fans around. Especially since they're playing Dallas. Don't want to go to the wrong place and get run out of the neighborhood on a rail

Old 11-04-2013, 02:23 PM

768 posts, read 1,763,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Ok, I know it's a very old discussion but I didn't want to start a new one - do a bunch of Saints fans still watch the games at the Arcadia Tavern? I'm going to be in PHX on a Saints game Sunday (finally!) and want to watch somewhere that there will be some other Saints fans around. Especially since they're playing Dallas. Don't want to go to the wrong place and get run out of the neighborhood on a rail
As an former NOLA native - this is wrong on SO many levels...but if you want to watch at the Arcadia Tavern, you'll need to make reservations. Hand to God - that is the truth.

Reservations for a bar to watch the Saints is so beyond the spirit of New Orleans - that it really surprises me that native New Orleanians actually go there.

Oh well...the Cardinals prove every season that team loyalty has a different meaning to some.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:20 AM

After looking at the their menu, I can see why reservations are needed! It looks yummy.

Are there other friendly sports bars that might have the game on, that anyone can recommend? Doesn't have to be packed with NOLA fans, I just happened to remember this thread and thought I'd start here. It's more a case of where an out of town single female can go to watch a game and be around friendly chatty folks more than anything else.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 PM

768 posts, read 1,763,399 times
We like Zipp's @36th & Indian School (lots of good looking men too!) and Duke's on McDowell near Hayden in a pinch. While the food is well, bar food - we always get excellent service and the prices are very reasonable.

Nothing like being in NOLA...but then what is?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:59 PM

264 posts, read 1,598,220 times
saints fans are moving to Angry Crab and BBQ at 2801 E Indian School. Join the Facebook group for details.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:34 PM

AWESOME!! Thank you for the update, especially since it looks like I may be moving down that way. Let's see, that's one more for the "Pro" column on the Phoenix Maybe Move List, and one for the "Con" column on the Dallas Maybe Move List

Old 08-21-2014, 07:37 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,491,591 times
I love New Orleans Saints fans.. they know how to party. WHO DAT Nation have some of the coolest NFL fans. They don't have as big a following as the Packers, Broncos, Steelers and Cowboys thou sadly. Have a blessed day- RL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area