Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,231 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking. And the neighborhood still looks decent. Any updates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,165 times
I've lived in Copper Leaf since 2010, still love it. Great location in terms of proximity to the airport, the university, and downtown (under 15 mins to get to any of those - under 10 to the airport). Awful location in terms of the surrounding neighborhoods. But I never need to go into them, so I'm unperturbed. I'm a petite female and perhaps naive or overconfident but I've never had a problem or worried about having one when I go walking late at night. I simply don't venture out of this neighborhood.
What else can I tell you... leafblowers have gotten a bit later in the day with the new landscape company (thank goodness) though now that the weather is in the 100s again I wouldn't blame them for coming around earlier (they were as early as around 7:30am if I recall, Wednesdays I think, in my area at least). HOA fees vary greatly depending on which 'unit' you live in - $70 - $170/month roughly. Four great playgrounds for my two-year-old, all within walking distance, two community pools... My pet peeve right now is people not cleaning up after their dogs, but I'm guessing every community with so much shared space fights that battle.
Feel free to ask any specific questions you have.
(Good luck finding a place here though, they get snapped up quickly these days. We were lucky to buy when we did, pretty much at the bottom of the market.)

Old 06-01-2014, 11:21 PM

7 posts, read 9,629 times
Hi CopperLeafGal, I'm curious to learn some more about Copper Leaf. My husband and I are starting out search, and I came across these (and they're perfect because they're just a couple blocks from where he works). What can you tell me about the demographics of the people who live there...is it mostly families? Younger? Older? Sounds like it's pet friendly, which is nice. How about noise...being in close quarters like that, do you have any problems with hearing your neighbors (some condos are so cheaply built with no soundproofing that you might as well be living with your neighbors). Thanks!

Old 07-06-2014, 12:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,165 times
Sorry for the late reply rrjp1... There are basically three areas, each with different types of housing. I've lived in "Unit 3", which is comprised of duplexes and free-standing townhomes. I didn't live in a duplex so I can't speak to how thin the walls are. I had no issues with noise in my freestanding townhouse. But in that area you basically share a yard - that is, it's all common area with no fences. (You'll need to check it out on Googlemaps - it's the southwest quadrant.) It's a real mix there, some snowbirds, some singles (mostly younger), some small families, some middle-aged folk like me :-) And now I live in the area which is houses only. That area is really mixed too, but with a greater proportion of families, many with young kids. Of course you'd expect more families in the "proper" houses with yards. "Unit 4" is the area with rows of condos, and I'm guessing that these days it's plenty of renters and you might have noise issues but I really don't know. I do know that the Unit 4 HOA does not have an abundance of money in the coffers, whereas the other areas have healthier HOA finances. So if you end up living in one of the row townhouses in Unit 4 you might find that the upkeep is not as lush as you might like.
Hope that helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area