Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,902 times

Advertisements

Looking to return to the Phoenix area next month from near San Francisco, and the only moving company that came even close to beating the price of renting a truck + driving myself + emove loaders/unloaders was a company I found on craigslist called AAA Movers.

Their bid came in surprisingly low and I'm a bit skeptical, but I -really- don't want to deal with the hassle of driving a 22' truck myself. Their website, although ugly, looks somewhat legitimate but I thought I'd see if anyone has even heard of them? They post on craigslist pretty often.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 AM
RCR

264 posts, read 909,771 times
I used them 8 years ago and they were great. However, it was just a local move. Try checking the BBB for recent complaints.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
The funny thing is I have used them three times in the past. The last couple of times they were bad and I vowed not to ever use them again. Yes, they are cheap but their customer service is lousy and the movers tended to complain a lot. The last time, the movers were these two guys and they had a lot of attitude. They were just lazy and complaining about every little thing like "If this bag or object is over 50 lbs, I'm not allowed to pick it up" or "If you didn't list this item, I can't move it" or "I'm not paid to arrange furniture, I'm just supposed to place it in the room" They also showed no loyalty as a repeat customer and didn't provide any discount. They tried to add charges to my final bill when they arrived. They quoted something cheap over the phone and then when the movers got there, they called the company and complained that I had more items than I mentioned. Not to mention the fact that they were late to their moving appointment. I even provided these guys lunch (pizza and drinks) and they were still rude. I told the movers: "I paid you guys to move me here and now I'm moving elsewhere so why are you charging me $200 more, it's the same items" and their response was that the previous set of movers didn't charge you the right price"

They had one mover. His name was Joshua. He was really good and I would recommend him but all the others there were terrible. I requested Joshua and the company wouldn't make any assurances that I could get him even when I called a month in advance. They never provided him and I got stuck with some big pro wrestler looking guy with 'roid rage. The customer service was just lousy and it's one company I would not recommend.They are legitimate and cheap so it's not a scam. If I was wanting to save money and didn't care about service, I would use them. However, after the last couple of moves, I decided it's worth paying more money if I can have some peace of mind on moving day.

Just make sure their quote is accurate because they might come to your place and then add charges by accusing you of not listing items. Try to get them to come to your place and provide an estimate.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 11-25-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area