Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:44 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,569,209 times

Advertisements

Oh, by the way, the greenbelt is tops for biking. I had a mountain bike with a great digi-lamp and could bike at high speeds in the pitch black before sunrise and see the occasional pedestrian far enough in advance to not startle them. Monsoon storms were fun riding underneath the McDowell overpass. There is a pond that would overflow like a stream and you peddle right through it on a sidewalk. In the winter, although 33 degree air temperatures that time of morning was common, I'd still wear warm enough clothes to do the bike regimene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 06:47 PM

127 posts, read 309,359 times
Ok, so somewhat quiet living in Tempe around the Greenbelt is out, huh? Your area sounds nice. Was hoping I could find just one mature residence there. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open but proceed with what I have in the works by McClintock and Southern. Maybe it's the best.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9times View Post
Ok, so somewhat quiet living in Tempe around the Greenbelt is out, huh? Your area sounds nice. Was hoping I could find just one mature residence there. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open but proceed with what I have in the works by McClintock and Southern. Maybe it's the best.
Right, that greenbelt doesn't extend into Tempe. McClintock and Southern is a good area, though.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 AM

Oh, great morning observer53 and thanks again. I'm just doing some last searches for apartments closer to the lake, before signing on the dotted line at McClintock/Southern. What do you call that neighborhood anyway?

Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Oh, great morning observer53 and thanks again. I'm just doing some last searches for apartments closer to the lake, before signing on the dotted line at McClintock/Southern. What do you call that neighborhood anyway?
It doesn't really have a name. It's at the northern end of what I'd call south Tempe, but that area, like several in Tempe, doesn't have its own name.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,763,751 times
That is a nice older area around Mcclintock and Southern, and if far removed from the College Kids. I live near Mill and Southern and never have to deal with any of them. Once you get past Broadway you should be fine.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Just to update, I rented a condo unit on 1st avenue near Beck, just a few blocks off Rio Salado. So I can actually walk from my place, cross Rio Salado and begin on the trail at the Tempe Arts Center, then onwards to the lake, and beyond. I haven't been "beyond" yet. I don't know if this is what you call The Greenbelt and if it goes to Scottsdale? If not, whatever it is, I like it and I'm so happy to live just a hop, skip and jump from it.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Just to update, I rented a condo unit on 1st avenue near Beck, just a few blocks off Rio Salado. So I can actually walk from my place, cross Rio Salado and begin on the trail at the Tempe Arts Center, then onwards to the lake, and beyond. I haven't been "beyond" yet. I don't know if this is what you call The Greenbelt and if it goes to Scottsdale? If not, whatever it is, I like it and I'm so happy to live just a hop, skip and jump from it.
No, the Greenbelt is a ways east of you, on the Indian Bend Wash alignment.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM

3 posts, read 11,529 times
Mtn View Park on Mtn View Rd between Hayden and Loop 101 has parking. An excellent link to a Google map is at

Bicycle Path - 091115 BRAG-AZ 10th Anniversary at Bikely.com

Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,912 times
Just moved here myself and looking for a place to park Am going to try Mustang Library at 10101 N both st. Heard this was a good place to enter the greenbelt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area