Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:22 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,331,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
This is the reason you started this thread...isn't this what this issue is all about?
The thread yes, that link you just referred to, no. I talked to my friend last night, and he was referring to the juvenile prisons. I posted a link to it many times. What more can I do?

Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,047,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The thread yes, that link you just referred to, no. I talked to my friend last night, and he was referring to the juvenile prisons. I posted a link to it many times. What more can I do?
So he complained about possibly losing his job on your first post and the system he works for possibly closing when you first opened this thread and setting convicts free; but now he's talking about only the juvenile system which has nothing to do with the DOC and a ploy they are using to continue their budget status quo?

Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
So you're just confused...that doesn't mean you should spread inaccurate rumors as factual situations; very irresponsible.
I am not confused about anything. Here is my original post. I was slightly wrong on one thing, which I put in bold print. I put in in parenthesis the correct info.

OMG, is Phoenix out of it's mind?
I just got off the phone with my friend who lives in Phoenix told me that Arizona is in such a severe budget crisis, and they are going to be closing 3 prisons (they are closing the 3 prisons if the budget deficit is not solved next month, which is HIGHLY doubtful). He told me that they in turn are going to set all these inmates free. He works for the state as a prison guard himself, and he also told me now they are treating their long time employees like total crap now to get them to quit. They are doing this so they can hire new people at much less pay. They have already cut all his overtime, and now are making him work 5 days instead of 4 tens. He told me he is finally going to leave Arizona as he now hates it there. He also told me to never come back because Phoenix is sinking fast. I told him to come to Vegas, but he does not want to. He said he is moving to Texas. I would buy a gun if you have not done so yet, it is going to be total chaos in Phoenix in the very near future.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
So he complained about possibly losing his job on your first post and the system he works for possibly closing when you first opened this thread and setting convicts free; but now he's talking about only the juvenile system which has nothing to do with the DOC and a ploy they are using to continue their budget status quo?
He has a lot of problems where he works. I said they are treating him like crap to get him to quit. The juvenile prison story he saw on the news. I never said he worked for juvenile corrections. Basically, it made him mad because he has 4 kids, and he fears for his family's safety. The two had nothing to do with each other.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I am not confused about anything. Here is my original post. I was slightly wrong on one thing, which I put in bold print. I put in in parenthesis the correct info.

OMG, is Phoenix out of it's mind?
I just got off the phone with my friend who lives in Phoenix told me that Arizona is in such a severe budget crisis, and they are going to be closing 3 prisons (they are closing the 3 prisons if the budget deficit is not solved next month, which is HIGHLY doubtful). He told me that they in turn are going to set all these inmates free. He works for the state as a prison guard himself, and he also told me now they are treating their long time employees like total crap now to get them to quit. They are doing this so they can hire new people at much less pay. They have already cut all his overtime, and now are making him work 5 days instead of 4 tens. He told me he is finally going to leave Arizona as he now hates it there. He also told me to never come back because Phoenix is sinking fast. I told him to come to Vegas, but he does not want to. He said he is moving to Texas. I would buy a gun if you have not done so yet, it is going to be total chaos in Phoenix in the very near future.
Uhh, yeah...basically reiterating what I said you said; and it is not correct on any account. From "they are closing the 3 prisons (juvenile detention facilities) if the budget is not solved next month," to having to "buy a gun if [we] have not done so yet" because of all the prisoners being set free.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Uhh, yeah...basically reiterating what I said you said; and it is not correct on any account. From "they are closing the 3 prisons (juvenile detention facilities) if the budget is not solved next month," to having to "buy a gun if [we] have not done so yet" because of all the prisoners being set free.
I stand by that statement. Face it, the budget deficit will not be solved month. If they set a bunch of delinquents out you better be armed. You some how think raising taxes is going to solve this. I assure you, it is not. Raising the sales tax with effectively be negated by the fact that people will in turn buy less goods.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I stand by that statement. Face it, the budget deficit will not be solved month. If they set a bunch of delinquents out you better be armed. You some how think raising taxes is going to solve this. I assure you, it is not. Raising the sales tax with effectively be negated by the fact that people will in turn buy less goods.
Very irresponsible and false thread Vegas...

In the least, a dissemination of very inaccurate and alarmist propaganda. Unfortunately, you go on further to write about taxation in which you also know little about...the temporary 1 cent tax increase will generate over 1 billion dollars in the first year and 2 billion over the second (conservative estimates and relying on the current historic low tax revenue bankrolls) taking care of the deficit for future fiscal cycles. You should read Gov. Jan Brewer's proposal which is quickly gaining support in the legislature despite the facade and pushing match by her fellow republicans (an indication that they are saving face against taxation in order to keep their constituents happy by saying, "I tried to stop the taxes.").

Last edited by fcorrales80; 12-06-2009 at 09:50 PM..

Old 12-06-2009, 09:32 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,232,035 times
Quote:
I just got off the phone with my friend who lives in Phoenix told me that Arizona is in such a severe budget crisis, and they are going to be closing 3 prisons. He told me that they in turn are going to set all these inmates free. He works for the state as a prison guard himself, and he also told me now they are treating their long time employees like total crap now to get them to quit. They are doing this so they can hire new people at much less pay. They have already cut all his overtime, and now are making him work 5 days instead of 4 tens. He told me he is finally going to leave Arizona as he now hates it there. He also told me to never come back because Phoenix is sinking fast. I told him to come to Vegas, but he does not want to. He said he is moving to Texas. I would buy a gun if you have not done so yet, it is going to be total chaos in Phoenix in the very near future.
I left Phoenix in 1976. Since that time I have kept in contact with a few friends there and the stories they tell me makes the hair in the back of my neck stand up. I cannot believe how it has changed, and not for the better either.

Gang violence, drive-by shootings, road rage. I suppose these are all symptoms of what is wrong with most large cities in this country these days - the symptoms of a country gone terribly, terribly wrong. However, it is not the beloved Phoenix that I remember from my childhood. That is sadly gone forever.

You know what? There are probably people living in your street that are just as bad or worse than the inmates they will be releasing. Many, many, many inmates are doing time for drug convictions that are not violent crimes. I hardly think they are going to let out violent offenders, even so, there are probably people living on your street that are just as bad as them, they simply have not been caught yet.

I'm glad I don't live there any more. That's all I can say

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-06-2009, 09:44 PM

fcorrales80,

I just got off the phone with my friend. The DOC pays all their correction officers hourly, and it has always been like that in the 15 years he has been there. He gets time and a half for overtime, and double time for holidays. He said the higher ups (wardens) and administrators are the ones who are salaried.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Very irresponsible and false thread Vegas...

In the least, a dissemination of very inaccurate and alarmist propaganda. Unfortunately, you go on further to state about taxation in which you also know little about...the temporary 1 cent tax increase will generate over 1 billion dollars in the first year and 2 billion over the second (conservative estimates and relying on the current historic low tax revenue bankrolls) taking care of the deficit for future fiscal cycles. You should read Gov. Jan Brewer's proposal which is quickly gaining support in the legislature despite the facade and pushing match by her fellow republicans (an indication that they are saving face against taxation in order to keep their constituents happy by saying, "I tried to stop the taxes.").
We will talk in a couple months. I clearly posted a story on the major news with a link. If you choose to live in your dreamworld, and not face reality, that is your prerogative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area