Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:00 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Actually, Sheriff Arpaio is considered one of the BEST Sheriff's in the country.
I think it's fair to say there is a wide difference of opinion on that. Back to topic.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I think it's fair to say there is a wide difference of opinion on that. Back to topic.
MANY Sheriff Departments are emulating Sheriff Arpaios procedures and policies

Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
MANY Sheriff Departments are emulating Sheriff Arpaios procedures and policies
And many are not.

Is there a point to this off topic discussion here? Plenty of threads about Arpaio already.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,015,999 times
Quote:
And many are not.

Is there a point to this off topic discussion here? Plenty of threads about Arpaio already.
Right, which is if the DOC was freeing prisoners because prisons are closing forthright.

Forgive me observer but just bringing up that Arpaio has just asked the county for 7 million more to cover his legal fees...not sure how many counties want to emulate that behavior.

Arpaio asks supervisors for $7 million to cover legal fees

Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 PM

986 posts, read 2,507,840 times
Post Too many (stupid) people

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Hey guys/gals, sorry my grammar is not perfect. Regardless, I am not making this up in any way. My friend has got his shifts changed, which has screwed him up since he has 4 kids, and a wife that works full time too. He also was getting tons of overtime regularly on which he depended on to pay his bills. His overtime has been completely eliminated. My buddy told me that 3 out of the 4 prisons run by the state are most likely going to be closed, unless something miraculous happens with the economy. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Editorial:

Phoenix is already a textbook case of runaway population growth. Families having more than 2 kids (replacement level birth control) are only exacerbating the problem. Altogether, THEY are a root cause of what they are whining about.

Las Vegas, which will run out of water even sooner than Phoenix, is another prime example of population & economic bloat.

The whole blessed U.S. economy is a Ponzi scheme, as it tries to grow forever in a finite space. Many people have no real concept of how much land, water and energy is needed to support large modern cities, especially ones in the desert where they never belonged.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
Editorial:

Phoenix is already a textbook case of runaway population growth. Families having more than 2 kids (replacement level birth control) are only exacerbating the problem. Altogether, THEY are a root cause of what they are whining about.

Las Vegas, which will run out of water even sooner than Phoenix, is another prime example of population & economic bloat.

The whole blessed U.S. economy is a Ponzi scheme, as it tries to grow forever in a finite space. Many people have no real concept of how much land, water and energy is needed to support large modern cities, especially ones in the desert where they never belonged.
So what exactly is your point?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
Editorial:

And, what does this have to do with the topic, which while it erroneously mentions Phoenix, has to do with the state as a whole, and a state agency?

Old 12-13-2009, 03:56 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,015,999 times
Quote:
And, what does this have to do with the topic, which while it erroneously mentions Phoenix, has to do with the state as a whole, and a state agency?
True, or the fact that Phoenix actually has more sustainable water sources than cities like Atlanta, Los Angeles, Denver, Las Vegas or San Diego. Phoenix gets 30% of its water form the CAP (Colorado River water) and 70% from completely in-state sources and local supplies; unlike L.A., Vegas, etc.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 12-13-2009 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-13-2009, 07:05 PM

11 posts, read 26,037 times
I have no indepth information on anything, but live in Phoenix. We are in a mess budget-wise just like most states these days. Nothing like closing the prison system is going to happen without handling the back-lash I'm sure. One fact of life anywhere is that you can't get used to depending on overtime to pay your bills, cause sooner or later it goes away. I'm not criticizing you, "friend in Phoenix" and I sympathize with you. It is very difficult to raise a family these days almost everywhere and in most situations. Just keep your head up and keep etching out that living. God bless you.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,302 times
Arizona is looking into contracting the work to private companies - so instead of prisons being government run, they will be privately run. No one is letting the prisoners out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area