Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:10 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaicee33 View Post
Does anyone really think Sheriff Joe would allow this to happen??
I'm sure Sheriff Joe does not want that to happen. If I remember correctly he wants to expand on county jails.
But either way, he only has so much influence. He's county, there is still city jails and state run prisons that are cash strapped.
I just think it's ridiculous to have to spend so much to house a prisoner per year-I'm not exactly sure how much it costs but I believe it's around 40,000-50,000 dollars a year! Thats more than some people make in a year here in AZ!
And another thing, the sheriffs dept makes a lot in auctions from drug busts. That money could go to a lot of things but it was reported that Joe was not wanting to account for all the money spent but I guess he has to now after the attorney general general got involved.
I don't know all the details about that situation so if anyone else does feel free to enlighten me...

Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 PM

134 posts, read 514,523 times
Mod Cut: Quote from deleted post.

Personally I am glad to hear someone's opinion and bashing
Phoenix is part of it (but I draw the line about terrorist
glorifying their cause etc). To me, Phoenix is on top of list
of places that I want to be but it is not heaven. There
are problems here and the budget/economy crisis will be
here (in fact round the whole world) for a while.

Mod Cut: Response to deleted post.

I may not agree with most of what people have to say most of time
but I just like to hear them, maybe challenge/exchange idea and make my
own argument and judgement. Most of the time I would
give up and move on. And with OP's contribution,
experience and contact, I think that I can learn and
appreciate Phoenix and Arizona better.

Mod Cut

Last edited by Grannysroost; 06-11-2010 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 05:36 PM

295 posts, read 552,761 times
Government funding is a major problem. The State of Arizona also recently sold more buildings to try and raise funds. The problem is, the same budget problems are still going to be there next year, and the year after that, and so on and so forth. Except they will have fewer and fewer buildings to sell and lease back.

Mod Cut: Off topic.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 06-14-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area