Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:30 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,310,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
they said the same thing on the local news channel here. This state has sever budget problems--the worst in the country. In fact, its so bad the state is closing its rest areas along the freeways too, and cutting food stamps, libraries, road improvements, education and everything else. Let me relieve you of any doubts......phoenix is sinking fast. Reports say people are actually beginning to move out and go to other states for better opportunities. I moved here in 2005 and hate it here too. I am moving to wisconsin in the coming months (i grew up in the midwest). Phoenix is definately in a state of chaos. Your friend is in their right mind 4 moving away.

lol

Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,316,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
Sorry lvd. I see you (or a mod) renamed the thread title, but it was still done wrong. "It's" is a contraction. "Its" would be best for this sentence
My bad again. It was me who edited it, not Southern Belle. Maybe I should have went to college. However, I do appreciate you pointing it out to me.
As they say, you learn a new thing everyday.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,587,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
My bad again. It was me who edited it, not Southern Belle. Maybe I should have went to college. However, I do appreciate you pointing it out to me.
As they say, you learn a new thing everyday.
I didn't want to come across as a d bag, as it is a common mistake among many people. (I've been known to unintentionally mix the two up every once in a while. Like I said, very common! )

Old 12-04-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
I didn't want to come across as a d bag, as it is a common mistake among many people. (I've been known to unintentionally mix the two up every once in a while. Like I said, very common! )
You have been a friend of mine here for a long time, so I did in no way take it as an insult. I was reminded earlier in this thread of my grammar, so I try to improve it day to day to make it better.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
They said the same thing on the local news channel here. This state has SEVER budget problems--the worst in the country. In fact, its so bad the state is closing its rest areas along the freeways too, and cutting food stamps, libraries, road improvements, education and everything else. Let me relieve you of any doubts......PHOENIX IS SINKING FAST. REPORTS SAY PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BEGINNING TO MOVE OUT AND GO TO OTHER STATES FOR BETTER OPPORTUNITIES. I MOVED HERE IN 2005 AND HATE IT HERE TOO. I AM MOVING TO WISCONSIN IN THE COMING MONTHS (I GREW UP IN THE MIDWEST). PHOENIX IS DEFINATELY IN A STATE OF CHAOS. Your friend is in their right mind 4 moving away.
With the exception of Wisconsin (no offense, I hate the cold), I am in total agreement with you. I was totally being honest on what my friend told me. I also saw something VERY disturbing in Vegas today, which I also posted. This was in no way a "I hate Phoenix thread", alas, it was simply reality:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...las-vegas.html

Old 12-04-2009, 10:53 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,587,894 times
Quote:
REPORTS SAY PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BEGINNING TO MOVE OUT AND GO TO OTHER STATES FOR BETTER OPPORTUNITIES. I MOVED HERE IN 2005 AND HATE IT HERE TOO. I AM MOVING TO WISCONSIN IN THE COMING MONTHS (I GREW UP IN THE MIDWEST).
Because you know... Wisconsin is the land of opportunities. I live right across a bridge from Wisconsin, and the difference between Duluth (Minnesota) and Superior (Wisconsin) is astonishing. Superior is such a gross town. A lot of the smaller Wisconsin towns (with the exception of a few) seem to be like that. The bar scene is king in Wisconsin, so it seems.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:58 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,905,802 times
Quote:
Because you know... Wisconsin is the land of opportunities. I live right across a bridge from Wisconsin, and the difference between Duluth (Minnesota) and Superior (Wisconsin) is astonishing. Superior is such a gross town. A lot of the smaller Wisconsin towns (with the exception of a few) seem to be like that. The bar scene is king in Wisconsin, so it seems.
So right about the difference between Duluth and Superior And hunting with headlights in WI is scary when I lived there...beat feet back to MN... but sanity hit eventually and now in AZ

Old 12-05-2009, 01:16 AM

422 posts, read 1,274,229 times
Quote:
They said the same thing on the local news channel here. This state has SEVER budget problems--the worst in the country. In fact, its so bad the state is closing its rest areas along the freeways too, and cutting food stamps, libraries, road improvements, education and everything else. Let me relieve you of any doubts......PHOENIX IS SINKING FAST. REPORTS SAY PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BEGINNING TO MOVE OUT AND GO TO OTHER STATES FOR BETTER OPPORTUNITIES. I MOVED HERE IN 2005 AND HATE IT HERE TOO. I AM MOVING TO WISCONSIN IN THE COMING MONTHS (I GREW UP IN THE MIDWEST). PHOENIX IS DEFINATELY IN A STATE OF CHAOS. Your friend is in their right mind 4 moving away.
You need to calm down and stop the panic fits (capital letters included).Turn off your local news and turn on the national news. The whole country is in a recession and all of the states are cutting budgets and some are getting bailed out by the feds. Other states have closed their rest stops, as well as other services. This is not exclusive to AZ. State of chaos? You exaggerate much?

Old 12-05-2009, 01:22 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,339,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Hey guys/gals, sorry my grammar is not perfect. Regardless, I am not making this up in any way. My friend has got his shifts changed, which has screwed him up since he has 4 kids, and a wife that works full time too. He also was getting tons of overtime regularly on which he depended on to pay his bills. His overtime has been completely eliminated. My buddy told me that 3 out of the 4 prisons run by the state are most likely going to be closed, unless something miraculous happens with the economy. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
The Prisons ARE NOT BEING CLOSED.

They are being SOLD. The Prisons are going to be purchased by Prison Corp of America, who already has several correctional facilities in AZ - and the private company will have a contract with Arizona to house inmates.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:34 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,441,607 times
Aren't they also considering opening 3-4 new private prisons here as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area