Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,129,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I'm actually sick of him. He treats the inmates like they are maggots or something. I know, the crimes they did are not good, but they are still human!! For God sakes, let them have their cigarettes, decent food (3 meals a day too, not just 2), and wear some normal looking inmate clothes (those stupid stripes are so 1930's). And get rid of that stupid Tent City (no wonder so many had health problems there). And get rid of those pink towels, socks, and underwear. Should be white.

He just loves to humiliate other human beings but himself and his family...KICK HIM OUT!!!
Sure - give the inmate smokes - and fire sticks so they can set the jail on fire. Right.

And tent city? Complain to the County Board of Supervisors - they won't give the funds necessary to build new jails. And listen - those tents? They are the same our Military uses. If they are good enough for out Brave Men and Women in Uniform - they are good enough for a law breaker.

And - the clothes are what they are - including the Stripes - which are COMMON PLACE across the Country -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,551,181 times
The problem is he treats all prisoners the same. Including the victimless criminals - the johns and prostitutes and drug users. Who did not initiate force, the threat of force, or fraud against anyone else.

And you say they deserve the same treatment as a real criminal.

The 8th amendment is going to be the end of Joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sure - give the inmate smokes - and fire sticks so they can set the jail on fire. Right.

And tent city? Complain to the County Board of Supervisors - they won't give the funds necessary to build new jails. And listen - those tents? They are the same our Military uses. If they are good enough for out Brave Men and Women in Uniform - they are good enough for a law breaker.

And - the clothes are what they are - including the Stripes - which are COMMON PLACE across the Country -

Old 01-07-2010, 10:05 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,987,687 times
Default Legendary Material !!! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy2 View Post
I love him! Most of all, I respect a man who stands by what he believes in and doesn't allow the bleeding hearts to sway his decisions. He speaks his mind and doesn't care if it's PC. I agree that he appears to like publicity but show me any political figure that does not. Jail should not be warm and fuzzy and should be a place that people do not want to return to; afterall isn't it supposed to be punishment! Being an animal lover, I really admire what he has done with the animal shelter. So he gets a thumbs up from me......
Greeting's,

sassy2 you took the words right out of my mouth regarding this most effective American !!!

This is one law enforcement official the "Illegal Alien Criminals" are paying very close attention to ... and thats damn great news !

Keep up the "Great Work" Sheriff Joe ... You are more of an American Hero that perhaps you will ever know.

The folks way up here on the East Coast really do love this proud American.

Thanks / Lamar

Old 01-07-2010, 10:08 PM

304 posts, read 866,133 times
Mark my words: the end is not going to be pretty for this guy. He is going to be frog marched into his own jail before too long.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,201,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Greeting's,

sassy2 you took the words right out of my mouth regarding this most effective American !!!

This is one law enforcement official the "Illegal Alien Criminals" are paying very close attention to ... and thats damn great news !

Keep up the "Great Work" Sheriff Joe ... You are more of an American Hero that perhaps you will ever know.

The folks way up here on the East Coast really do love this proud American.

Thanks / Lamar

You think he's great because you don't get the whole story and you don't have to pay the bills he needlessly runs up. for lawyers over many many years, beginning before he got himself "famous". So, I really don't care what people outside this county (and outside this state, particularly) think.

Last edited by observer53; 01-07-2010 at 10:17 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 10:22 PM

That would mean he would be sleeping in one of his own cells with roaches crawling all over him, and using a toilet that has been plugged for days and cannot flush and smells.

The Joe backers do not know what the prisons are like. They would rather be ostriches. Only because they do not like Illegal aliens. Well I don't like illegals either. But Joe violates the U.S. Constitution. He mistreats all prisoners, whether criminal or victimless criminal. He needs to sleep in his own cesspool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aville239 View Post
Mark my words: the end is not going to be pretty for this guy. He is going to be frog marched into his own jail before too long.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,124,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
That would mean he would be sleeping in one of his own cells with roaches crawling all over him, and using a toilet that has been plugged for days and cannot flush and smells.

The Joe backers do not know what the prisons are like. They would rather be ostriches. Only because they do not like Illegal aliens. Well I don't like illegals either. But Joe violates the U.S. Constitution. He mistreats all prisoners, whether criminal or victimless criminal. He needs to sleep in his own cesspool.
You nailed crockpot Joe perfectly. I had to experience his jails a few times for minor non violent crimes. It was VERY inhumane. In fact, I was nearly raped by a big black guy back in 1995 in his jail. What was the charge you ask? Minor in possession of alcohol in Tempe l that I did not go to court on. I seriously would love to see him locked up in his own jail with about ten tough illegals. Then, and only then would I have my last laugh.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,129,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You nailed crockpot Joe perfectly. I had to experience his jails a few times for minor non violent crimes. It was VERY inhumane. In fact, I was nearly raped by a big black guy back in 1995 in his jail. What was the charge you ask? Minor in possession of alcohol in Tempe l that I did not go to court on. I seriously would love to see him locked up in his own jail with about ten tough illegals. Then, and only then would I have my last laugh.
Sheriff Arpaio was not the reason for your arrest and detention descibed above. Yet, you seem to blame him.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Sheriff Joe has direct input on the condition of Maricopa county jails. MCSO runs the jail system in Maricopa County. Consider yourself educated.

Quote:
Sheriff Arpaio was not the reason for your arrest and detention descibed above. Yet, you seem to blame him.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,201,302 times
Quote:
He didn't arrest him, and sheriff's deputies may not have either, but he is most CERTAINLY responsible for the conditions within in the jail, and the SAFETY of those confined in that facility, including the proper training of detention officers. His track record on that last issue is very poor indeed.

I handled jail lawsuits (filed by a couple of inmates) in another county years ago. The sheriff of that county was my client, and the properly named defendant.

And now, there's a story out about a federal grand jury is investigating the sheriff, and several county officials have been called to testify in the upcoming days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area