U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,274,635 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My girlfriend and I are visiting from Oregon with aspirations to make this area our home. We are only here for one more night and I was wondering where a good happy hour bar would be???
Any help would be appreciated.
We visited Valle Luna on Ray Rd tonight; 1/2 price appetizers that were to die for, cheap drinks, and a view of a lake with a water fountain. The gal that waited on us was so attentive it was unreal!!
It was a great place and I was wondering if there is something comparible to this that I could take my girlfriend on our last night here.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM

4,359 posts, read 8,257,356 times
I have no idea where that Radisson is, but if you are near Chandler, check out the San Tan Brewing Company in downtown Chandler. There is also a very popular Mexican food place next door called El Zocalo, or something similar. Check out the menu and see if it's something you'd like.

SanTan Brewing Company | Menu (http://www.santanbrewing.com/menu.htm - broken link)

Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 PM

259 posts, read 653,312 times
Last I heard there were no hotels in Gilbert.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:48 PM

4,511 posts, read 12,805,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanque Verde View Post
Then the Hyatt, Best Western, and The Highlands in Gilbert must all be mirages . Anyway, they are staying at the Radisson in Chandler.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,274,635 times
Quote:
Well, we are staying in Chandler, not Gilbert. I can drive a little ways since I won't be drinking. I'm just looking for a fun place to take her on our last night here.
Any ideas?
Thanks again......

Old 12-23-2009, 05:42 AM

687 posts, read 1,825,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
Well, we are staying in Chandler, not Gilbert. I can drive a little ways since I won't be drinking. I'm just looking for a fun place to take her on our last night here.
Any ideas?
Thanks again......
Fibber Magees | Home

Just up the road from Valle Luna at Dobson/Elliot. Good drink selection and great curry chips.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,051,712 times
Quote:
(I can think of two for sure and one in the making. The Hyatt on Pecos and the 202, the Best Western on Power and Warner, and the new one being built by the San Tan Mall.)

As far as happy hour places in Chandler, not sure. Try somewhere around the Chandler mall perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area