Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,106,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Actually, you might be surprised to know that the Federal investigation is occurring because of other agencies and not Maricopa County supervisors. The Yavapai County Attorney, who was hand selected by Thomas to "help prosecute" county supervisors, had serious concerns about Arpaio's handling of legal procedures and rules of jurisprudence disrupted. This goes way beyond Maricopa County now...
I politely disagree.

Nappy has had it in for him for a while now.....this crap started as soon as she was appointed to a federal position.

You can indict a ham sandwich nowadays.

It would not surprise me if Sheriff Joe was led out of his office in handcuffs.....

Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,027,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I politely disagree.

Nappy has had it in for him for a while now.....this crap started as soon as she was appointed to a federal position.

You can indict a ham sandwich nowadays.

It would not surprise me if Sheriff Joe was led out of his office in handcuffs.....
Neither would I, (Sheriff led out of his office in handcuffs) and for the good of the people of Maricopa County! Let's get a real sheriff in there that will cooperate with the local PD's who've helped to lower our crime rates in incorporated locales astronomically!

Napolitano doesn't like Arpaio, but you might be surprised to know that many he has accused of crimes and racketeering were once close friends of Arpaio (including Wilcox) before he fell in love with the cameras and with fake "crime sweeps." I used to vote for him long ago and before he turned his back on legal procedures/protocol and jurisprudence.

There are many law enforcement official out there who have great concern for his actions and consider many of them illegal; from Yavapai County to Pima and Pinal...that is saying something and there is no turning our backs on this injustice no matter how much you support the sheriff. These are serious implications here.

Even those media peeps that once wrote great support for the sheriff have now questioned his actions:

Criticism that Arpaio, Thomas can't shake

azcentral.com blogs - Robert Robb - RobertRobb - Populist conservatives, Thomas, Arpaio and the judges

Supporters can't overlook actions

These are just a few.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 01-08-2010 at 02:45 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 02:39 PM

And from the Yavapai County Attorney who worked with the sheriff and county attorney of Maricopa County:

Quote:
On April 1, Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas requested that I take from him the criminal investigations and prosecutions involving members of Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.
I agreed. For the next six months, I worked with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office on the cases.
On Oct. 6, I returned all the matters to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, except the matters on appeal, and have had no further contact with either office on these matters.
I was happy to remove myself from the cases and from contact with Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
Arpaio, Thomas are abusing power
Letter from Sheila Polk, Yavapai County Attorney, Dec. 22, 2009

Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,273,474 times
Grand jury proceedings are supposed to be secret.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
YAZ

Fcorrales,

Plain 'ole simple southwestern politics.

Gonna be interesting, to say the least.

The Grand Jury thing intrigues me, nevertheless.

Secretive, but eliminates Sheriff Joe from civil liabilities. I'm gonna be watchin' this closely.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:11 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDreamer View Post
They are.

I hope they don't pick me.

My friend was on one.

Tied up for months......

Weird, but ya gotta do your duty......

Old 01-08-2010, 03:54 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,524,650 times
If he does get convicted (which I highly doubt), I vote Dick Cheney as the next Maricopa County Sheriff....

Old 01-08-2010, 04:12 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,275,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
If he does get convicted (which I highly doubt), I vote Dick Cheney as the next Maricopa County Sheriff....
Ha Ha, real funny. I hope you're joking. That is like going from bad to worse.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDreamer View Post
Grand jury proceeedings are "closed hearings" but their suquestoring is not a "secret" and is a matter of public record...and this is a Federal Grand Jury inquiry.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:56 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,524,650 times
"Ha Ha, real funny. I hope you're joking. That is like going from bad to worse."

My point was that the anti-Sheriff Joe crowd talks frequently about getting rid of him, but who is to say that whoever replaces him will be any "better" (by the anti-Sheriff Joe crowds' standards)? Maybe the person will be "worse".
(BTW, it would not bother me one bit if Dick Cheney was the next Maricopa County Sheriff).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area