Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,915 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband just accepted a new job in Sun City - moving down in a few weeks - we currently live in Des Moines, Iowa, so we need some insider info!

The most important thing is our kids (6 years & 15 mo) - we really want a good school district, safe community, convenience to malls & stores, etc.,

We obviously want a decent commute to Sun City, although he's mainly working evening/night hours (he's a nurse) so it's not a ton of rush hour driving regardless.

We also have family in Scottsdale (my parents & grandparents both have condos there) so we generally know our way around, we just know nothing about neighborhoods or schools, etc. But we want to be within a reasonable driving distance to North Scottsdale (Scottsdale Country Club).

So we're thinking Glendale? Or around that area? I haven't really paid alot of attention to neighborhoods, schools, etc when I've visited because it's always just been vacation... I guess I just want to know about places to definitely avoid, if there are any, so that we end up in a good place that we will like long-term!!

Oh, and as far as pricing/housing costs go, we're wanting to rent a house & can pay between 1300-1800/month, and need 4 bedrooms.

Thank you so much for your help; I am thrilled to be moving to AZ!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
I would think north part of Peoria, including but not limited to Vistancia, or the Arrowhead area (which is in both north Glendale and Peoria, I believe, depending on which phase of the Arrowhead development you are talking about. Both would be a reasonable commute to Sun City, and going across the 101 freeway would be good access to north Scottsdale. Nice homes, good schools.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,172,378 times
As Observer53 mentioned, NW Peoria is a great spot and Arrowhead is very nice too.

You might also consider North Phoenix communities of Tramanto or Sonoran Foothills. These are nice newer communities, medium priced and right in the middle between Sun City and Scottsdale.

There are also some nice newer homes near Happy Valley and El Mirage Rd that have Sun City addresses but are not adult community (many young families) and they are priced in the mid 150s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area