Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,349 times

Advertisements

We are a family of five and we are about to lose our home. We have been just getting by for 4 years now. My wife has been in and out of the hospital 7 times. We filed BK and were going to just keep our home when i lost my job i just completed truck driving school and at the end of the month i will be starting a new career. I need to find a new home with little down and a low monthly payment for a few months until i get up and running i don't know where to turn and i am scared please any help would be nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:56 PM

61 posts, read 190,777 times
Sounds like you will need a rental home. Contact your Realtor and ask them to send you a listing of rental properties in your area. You will not have to pay commission, the lister of the properties will pay the commission. So this will basically be a free service for you. Good luck.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:56 PM

824 posts, read 2,325,401 times
If your income will bounce back soon, what about paying weekly at a Budget Suites as a stop-gap solution. Usually there is a bedroom area and a separate pull-out bed in the living room. Maybe an air mattress for the fifth person. If you can save a rental deposit, you should be able to find an alternative in a couple of months.

Otherwise, some of the food banks serve as information centers for need-based emergency assistance.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 PM

2,150 posts, read 5,132,633 times
Contact the Arizona Department of Housing

Arizona Department of Housing - Providing housing and community revitalization

They may be able to help you. You may be able to obtain assistance or even apply for section 8 housing. They will be your best resource.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 AM

740 posts, read 1,228,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnM96 View Post
We are a family of five and we are about to lose our home. We have been just getting by for 4 years now. My wife has been in and out of the hospital 7 times. We filed BK and were going to just keep our home when i lost my job i just completed truck driving school and at the end of the month i will be starting a new career. I need to find a new home with little down and a low monthly payment for a few months until i get up and running i don't know where to turn and i am scared please any help would be nice
Sounds like you are not in a great position to buy right now, so if I were you I would rent for a bit, see where you are in 6 mos-1 yr, and then look to buy if you are in a good spot. It will be hard for you to get a mortgage at a reasonable interest rate since you declared bankruptcy. Also, renting will give you the flexibility to move easily if you get a good job offer somewhere else.

Best of luck!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 AM

4,235 posts, read 13,987,791 times
DO NOT worry about buying a house right now....I think things will be the same, house prices-wise, in a year....rent or get one of these long-term "hotel" places for now....and take care of the kids!!!!!.....

Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 AM

430 posts, read 1,405,900 times
Default Agree with Bungle

Its a shame some people like to kick a person when they are down. I hope the poster finds some real help, The internet is the last thing I would get rid of in a money crunch because its a great resource to find some programs or help that you might not have been aware of.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM

4,235 posts, read 13,987,791 times
Moderator Cut: i.e., I wasn't finished yet...

I hope the OP and his family take it one day at a time and have great luck.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area