U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 05:46 PM

4 posts, read 75,289 times

Advertisements

WOW... Thanks all of your information... My husband and I want to move to mainland from Hawaii. We are thinking about Arizona and Nevada. We heard about Tempe and Chandler in AZ, but never been there. We love to find out more info. Anyone can help? Much Mahalo (Thank you).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 08:32 AM

9,319 posts, read 17,835,193 times
Come and visit both places. We looked at Nevada and the housing prices at the time were higher and so were the taxes. Nevada, in my opinion, is not as pretty. It is very flat and not much of any growth. We have some of the most beautiful desert here and some very interesting plants.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:47 AM

4,299 posts, read 14,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Warner View Post
Come and visit both places. We looked at Nevada and the housing prices at the time were higher and so were the taxes. Nevada, in my opinion, is not as pretty. It is very flat and not much of any growth. We have some of the most beautiful desert here and some very interesting plants.

I think the mountains in Nevada are much prettier than the ones in the Phoenix area, but Phoenix is much prettier than Vegas hands down!!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:14 PM

46 posts, read 275,861 times
Tempe is a well established very centrally located area that has excellent city government and a lot of neat stuff developing. We are progressive and have the world famous Mill Avenue Block Parties on New Year's Eve. We have young (college age seasonal) and old (retirees too, seasonal) and then the nice hot summers where everyone goes away and leaves those of us who love it here to have it all for ourselves!

Chandler has a lot going on too, it's growth is amazing. Also on of the best East Valley malls (with a Cheesecake Factory restaraunt), but watch out for some of the really old parts of town whre there is culture clashing.

My vote is for Tempe (but I live here.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>