Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times

Advertisements

How is this event viewed by the locale? Do you plan to be apart of festivities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 AM

178 posts, read 601,725 times
Since I'm "locale", and you're asking, I think it sounds ridiculous. Never heard of it. I stay far away from anything with the words 'wrestle' or 'mania'.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 AM

223 posts, read 596,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
How is this event viewed by the locale? Do you plan to be apart of festivities?
There are few things on TV that I can't bear to watch for more than a few moments, but wrestling is one of them. I'm shocked that it is popular and would seriously question the IQ of anyone who enjoys it. If by this post you are telling us that it is being shown in Phoenix, I can only say, I'm embarrassed to be associated with Phoenix. Soon may it pass ...

Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 AM

25 posts, read 66,724 times
They are still doing wrestlemania!?? Wow, didn't know that. I don't think the economic impact will be substantial. I won't insult the sport, but it's not something I watch. I would compare the impact to something that has a limited following, like tractor pulls, monster truck shows, or concerts. I think it'll be a slight bump in revenue for the city.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:59 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
That's pretty ignorant

Like it or not it's a huge economic driver - most cities cite an economic impact of around $40M - $50M

they'll probably put 70,000 people in the building - many from out of town

they also setup an exhibit around the stadium similar to the NFL experience .... that will draw a lot of people as well

people who will stay in hotels, eat in restaurants, rent cars, drink, go to the parties, etc

Old 02-08-2010, 09:00 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
There are few things on TV that I can't bear to watch for more than a few moments, but wrestling is one of them. I'm shocked that it is popular and would seriously question the IQ of anyone who enjoys it. If by this post you are telling us that it is being shown in Phoenix, I can only say, I'm embarrassed to be associated with Phoenix. Soon may it pass ...
Isn't the target audience teen age boys? Like Hannah Montana is for teen age girls. Big money in that...

Having the event in Phoenix will only help the economy. The event is at UOP (Cardinals Stadium) and should be a sellout.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 AM

223 posts, read 596,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Isn't the target audience teen age boys? Like Hannah Montana is for teen age girls. Big money in that...

Having the event in Phoenix will only help the economy. The event is at UOP (Cardinals Stadium) and should be a sellout.
Well then good for the city! I just can't imagine why people go, but then, that's just me!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:19 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
It will bring in quite a few people and events will be in and around the valley for maybe 2 weeks leading up to it. Maybe on par with what the Fiesta Bowl brings the Valley?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
It will bring in quite a few people and events will be in and around the valley for maybe 2 weeks leading up to it. Maybe on par with what the Fiesta Bowl brings the Valley?
Not as big as the Fiesta Bowl. Somewhere in lines with a top rock act. The Eagles, U2...more like that.The Fiesta Bowl is huge...And of course the Superbowl is the grand daddy of events.

FYI, Not a fan of Wrestling but I recognize the economic impact. Wrestlemania is the Superbowl of Wrestling.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:42 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Not as big as the Fiesta Bowl. Somewhere in lines with a top rock act. The Eagles, U2...more like that.The Fiesta Bowl is huge...And of course the Superbowl is the grand daddy of events.

FYI, Not a fan of Wrestling but I recognize the economic impact. Wrestlemania is the Superbowl of Wrestling.
I think it is has a significantly bigger impact that an Eagles concert.

Cities hosting WrestleMania earn millions, report says

I don't watch, but millions do. It's a little early to be hearing about it yet, but Phoenix will know it is happening. If it generates the impact that Houston saw, it would be on par with the NBA All-Star Game a couple years back. That's pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area