Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 11:32 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,432,374 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I am making my big move in a few days and I have been searching for an apartment using different sources but I am simply confused at this point since I found quite a few apartments that look good on the surface but couple of the review sites I checked had bad reviews for almost everyone of the apartments I picked.

Can anyone who knows a good apartment complex in the North Poenix area? The area I think that would be reasonably priced yet close to my job (North Scottsdale). I don't care to live in Scottsdale because from what I have seen the prices are a bit too high (and even some of those high priced ones got bad reviews!).
Anything East of 17, North of Northern Ave. and preferably South of 101.
Is that area safe, reasonably priced and close enough to commute to N. Scottsdale?

I appreciate everyone's input!

~TL

PS. I need to have a garage for my motorcycle and also prefer a fridge in unit. My limit is about $800 per mo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 11:54 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,160,659 times
Yes, that is a good area in general. Of course there are pockets of not so nice areas mixed in as well, but where isn't in phx?

You need a garage. Well, there are lots of options for you. I lived in several with them. Try Tatum and Bell (which is the border of scottsdale). I can't remember their names, but there are two. One on tatum just north of Bell, also one on bell just east of tatum. I lived in both. Great area, just a little busy. There's also one near the PV Mall called, The Palisades. I never lived there but have been there a lot. All three of these are in a great area in NE Phx, which will put you within a GREAT commute to your job.

I can probably think of more as I drive through your desired area everyday. But here are some to start you off!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 PM

Oh yeah, take those comments on the apartment sites with a grain of salt. I think all of our apartments had problems. I think that just comes with renting.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:11 AM

2,783 posts, read 7,442,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Hi Guys,

I am making my big move in a few days and I have been searching for an apartment using different sources but I am simply confused at this point since I found quite a few apartments that look good on the surface but couple of the review sites I checked had bad reviews for almost everyone of the apartments I picked.

Can anyone who knows a good apartment complex in the North Poenix area? The area I think that would be reasonably priced yet close to my job (North Scottsdale). I don't care to live in Scottsdale because from what I have seen the prices are a bit too high (and even some of those high priced ones got bad reviews!).
Anything East of 17, North of Northern Ave. and preferably South of 101.
Is that area safe, reasonably priced and close enough to commute to N. Scottsdale?

I appreciate everyone's input!

~TL

PS. I need to have a garage for my motorcycle and also prefer a fridge in unit. My limit is about $800 per mo.

Just a note on terminology. The phrase "North Central Phoenix" (used in your message title) generally describes the area north of Camelback Road and south of Northern Avenue and the Arizona Canal. "North Central Phoenix" is the northern part of Central Phoenix, rather than the central part of North Phoenix. From the boundaries you have given, it sounds like you are interested in the latter neighborhood. I point this out only because if you say "North Central Phoenix" to many Phoenicians, you may find yourself referred to complexes south of where you really want to be.

My rough map of the boundaries: Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/2qz7lo - broken link)

Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbear View Post
Just a note on terminology. The phrase "North Central Phoenix" (used in your message title) generally describes the area north of Camelback Road and south of Northern Avenue and the Arizona Canal. "North Central Phoenix" is the northern part of Central Phoenix, rather than the central part of North Phoenix. From the boundaries you have given, it sounds like you are interested in the latter neighborhood. I point this out only because if you say "North Central Phoenix" to many Phoenicians, you may find yourself referred to complexes south of where you really want to be.

My rough map of the boundaries: Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/2qz7lo - broken link)
Good to point out. I keep hearing people refer to areas that are very far north as north central phoenix (like 35th ave and Deer Valley). It drives me nuts. But me, I don't consider north of northern as north phx, but maybe I should?

Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 AM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,174,611 times
I think most apartments come with all appliances. At least all of the apartments I ever rented in this town did. So finding one with a fridge shouldn't be a problem at all.

I used to live at a place called The Pinnacle at Shadow Mountain. It's on Thunderbird Rd. just west of 32nd Street, just off the 51 freeway. They had garages for an extra monthly fee. It was a nice complex and a great location.

Garages seem to be a lot more common these days, and I know I've seen other apartment complexes in that area with them so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one you like.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:05 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times
You may want to look around 7th Street and Greenway Rd (Bell Rd.) area there are several complexes, close to shopping, and in the north central corridor.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:55 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,432,374 times
Thank you all for your replies, I really do appreciate the input.

@ Silverbear: Sorry, I used the same reference of Apartments.com which northern Phoenix covers from North of Camelback all the way up to a little north of 74.

@ Salesbaby: I will have to check out those locations, thanks!

@JMX: I noticed that one listed as well. Most of them give me higher prices ($25 to $125)than what they had listed online (rent.com apartments.com, etc.) and even apartments.com magazine which I picked up a copy of just last week.
They excuse is the same, "Oh, we've just gone through a renovation/remodeling...blah blah and that is why the prices are higher). I think it is bordernline false advertisment but...
@AksarbeN: Thanks, I will check that area too if it is not too far off from the others.

~TL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: