U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,095 times

Advertisements

im not gonna defend anyone but myself in this subject . i agree that there are a bunch of idiot cab drivers in this area and the city needs to have higher standards for being a cab driver . its the cab drivers that are from other countries other than the united states that makes me sick to my stomach, there Moderator cut: snip drivers , there thieves (dont loose a cell phone in one of there cabs , coz you wont get it back ) they cut in front of other taxi drivers to get a fare . i dont ever get on a taxi line in tempe , on mill ave because im scared il do something really stupid when one of these jerks cuts in front of me to get a fare . but as far as the way i drive , well , i do drive aggresive but i will never cut someone off just to make an exit or pick up a fare , on the other hand , there are way too many people on the road that dont deserve to be there . i see a great deal of violations on the phoenix highways and streets and if i ways able to gives citations , i would be a millionare !

Last edited by Kimballette; 01-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: language
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 01:31 PM

67 posts, read 215,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
If you like taxi thrills, ride with one in New York City...
That is the truth!! I had a New York Cab nightmare ride..I still remember the cab driver's name "Angel"..LOL!

Old 01-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyankeeboy View Post
im not gonna defend anyone but myself in this subject . i agree that there are a bunch of idiot cab drivers in this area and the city needs to have higher standards for being a cab driver . its the cab drivers that are from other countries other than the united states that makes me sick to my stomach, there Moderator cut: snip drivers , there thieves (dont loose a cell phone in one of there cabs , coz you wont get it back ) they cut in front of other taxi drivers to get a fare . i dont ever get on a taxi line in tempe , on mill ave because im scared il do something really stupid when one of these jerks cuts in front of me to get a fare . but as far as the way i drive , well , i do drive aggresive but i will never cut someone off just to make an exit or pick up a fare , on the other hand , there are way too many people on the road that dont deserve to be there . i see a great deal of violations on the phoenix highways and streets and if i ways able to gives citations , i would be a millionare !
I agree, there are also ALOT of cabs just waiting at Sky Harbor..they seem to be lined up, taking turns to pick up a fare.

Last edited by Kimballette; 01-20-2012 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM

16,290 posts, read 29,505,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyankeeboy View Post
if i ways able to gives citations , i would be a millionare !
Just wondering? Do you think that the officers that give citations are millionaires?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:43 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,070,035 times
It's funny to see the thread I started almost two years ago being revived.

I'm glad the topic has been reincarnated, it is a continuous problem around here with cab drivers and their clownish, dangerous driving habits.

They rake in some good business on the weekends picking up inebriated people, preventing them from taking to the wheel but sometimes I wonder who the intoxicated ones are in the cabs, the customers or the drivers?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 AM

3,391 posts, read 6,602,205 times
I would say complaints about bad cab drivers are just as prevalent as complaints about cable companies. Every city in the country will have the same stories.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 PM

282 posts, read 780,908 times
I had a cab driver pick me up one night to go to the Deer Valley area from Indian School Rd. I get in, we exchange the usual pleasantries, and he starts driving through a parking lot to the southbound I-17 access road. I'm wondering what he's doing but keep watching. As soon as he turned onto the access road, I knew what was up and tell him NOT to turn the meter on. He asks why and I explained he could've gotten on the I-17 from Indian School. I TELL him not to turn the meter on until we get back to Indian School overpass when we are driving in the correct direction. We get to Thomas Rd, he makes the left turns and as soon as we reach Indian School overpass he turned the meter on, but wasn't smiling either. I figured he was trying to get an extra few dollars in fare from me. Gotta be careful out there with some cab drivers. Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by Kimballette; 01-24-2012 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: nice try

Old 01-24-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskies View Post
I had a cab driver pick me up one night to go to the Deer Valley area from Indian School Rd. I get in, we exchange the usual pleasantries, and he starts driving through a parking lot to the southbound I-17 access road. I'm wondering what he's doing but keep watching. As soon as he turned onto the access road, I knew what was up and tell him NOT to turn the meter on. He asks why and I explained he could've gotten on the I-17 from Indian School. I TELL him not to turn the meter on until we get back to Indian School overpass when we are driving in the correct direction. We get to Thomas Rd, he makes the left turns and as soon as we reach Indian School overpass he turned the meter on, but wasn't smiling either. I figured he was trying to get an extra few dollars in fare from me. Gotta be careful out there with some cab drivers. Moderator cut: snip
Yup, they do that especially if you don't know the area. It's happened to me too!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM

10,720 posts, read 18,850,871 times
I'll take the aggressive cabbie over your regular Phoenix driver. While the cabbies are aggressive, they at least understand basic traffic laws. I don't know of too many cabbies who sit at green lights at a traffic light intersection. It's seems like a regular occurrence in this city in which a Phoenix driver will make a complete stop on a green light to turn right or will sit for 5 seconds at traffic lights or won't yield to oncoming traffic from an exit ramp when they are driving on the frontage road. Phoenix drivers don't understand the left lane is for passing and when people are circling around you without signaling, it's a sign that you should perhaps switch lanes and allow faster drivers to pass. Or how hard is it to keep track when the light turns green on a freeway exit (3rd avenue merging onto to I-10 heading east) instead of sitting there and allowing two green lights to pass before merging?We truly have some of the dumbest drivers in the country. I don't like aggressive drivers either but if I had to choose, I will take aggressive and smart versus slow and dumb.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 01-25-2012 at 11:09 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,070,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'll take the aggressive cabbie over your regular Phoenix driver. While the cabbies are aggressive, they at least understand basic traffic laws. I don't know of too many cabbies who sit at green lights at a traffic light intersection. It's seems like a regular occurrence in this city in which a Phoenix driver will make a complete stop on a green light to turn right or will sit for 5 seconds at traffic lights or won't yield to oncoming traffic from an exit ramp when they are driving on the frontage road. Phoenix drivers don't understand the left lane is for passing and when people are circling around you without signaling, it's a sign that you should perhaps switch lanes and allow faster drivers to pass. Or how hard is it to keep track when the light turns green on a freeway exit (3rd avenue merging onto to I-10 heading east) instead of sitting there and allowing two green lights to pass before merging?We truly have some of the dumbest drivers in the country. I don't like aggressive drivers either but if I had to choose, I will take aggressive and smart versus slow and dumb.
The cab drivers I have the displeasure of witnessing aren't so much aggressive, just stupid, careless, and lost in space.

There are other people who are bad drivers too but a good number of cabbies seem to be in their own little world.

I hope some of them are drug tested, a few of them drive like they have been smoking or sniffing something pretty strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area