Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,477,156 times

Advertisements

In the past couple of months I have run across the most retarded cab drivers, they cut you off without signaling, turn right on red without coming to a stop, and sit still on green lights.

There seems to be a high amount of cabs with knuckleheads behind the wheel, not just a few.

I witnessed one cab cutting across 4 lanes of traffic on the 202 Loop and nearly clipping other vehicles to make his exit ramp.

I was lucky enough this weekend to get behind a cab at a red light, the light turned green and he just sat still until right before the light turned yellow. People were getting pretty angry by then.

I am really surprised there aren't more accidents or altercations involving cab drivers around here, the way they drive makes me really frightened to be near any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 05:09 AM

88 posts, read 220,399 times
This thread is totally true.
They are the worst, be very careful around them.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,191,995 times
I know what you mean. I had to take a cab one day when I was down town. It was during the night and this guy didn't stop at any red lights. I was freaking out and asked why he didn't stop at the red lights.

He tells me he never stops at the red lights and he had never had a wreck. Then he tells me his brother also drives a cab and his brother never stops at a red light and he has never been in an accident either. I start to feel a little better about his driving and then we come to a green light and the guy stops.

I aks him, "why are you stopping the light is green?"

This guy tells me he can't drive past a green light, his brother might be working.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 01-20-2012 at 04:03 PM..

Old 04-15-2010, 02:39 PM

69 posts, read 224,754 times
It's not just Phoenix it's everywhere.
I live in Boston and the cab drivers here are horrible too.
I only took the cab three times, one time it was a racist Polish guy who talked about how horrible Hispanics are and used not so pretty names when talking about them.
The second time it was a Spanish guy who barely spoke English...he was hot though.I had no complaints about him.
The third time it was another racist guy who told me and my parents immigrants like us take the jobs away.
He was driving us to the airport and he was like so where you going...we said we are going to Florida on vacation.
Then he said HAHAHAAH Who's paying....as if immigrants can't go on vacation.
It didn't bother me though, he was ugly.I would be offended if Ricky Martin was rude to me.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:13 PM

725 posts, read 2,313,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
In the past couple of months I have run across the most retarded cab drivers, they cut you off without signaling, turn right on red without coming to a stop, and sit still on green lights.

There seems to be a high amount of cabs with knuckleheads behind the wheel, not just a few.

I witnessed one cab cutting across 4 lanes of traffic on the 202 Loop and nearly clipping other vehicles to make his exit ramp.

I was lucky enough this weekend to get behind a cab at a red light, the light turned green and he just sat still until right before the light turned yellow. People were getting pretty angry by then.

I am really surprised there aren't more accidents or altercations involving cab drivers around here, the way they drive makes me really frightened to be near any of them.
So true!!!!!!!!!!

Worse than not moving on Greens, I've seen some Cab drivers not make complete stops at Red lights and then make Right turns while nearly clipping Pedestrians or Bicyclists!!!!!!!

I saw 1 make a quick Freeway exit across the solid White line and cut in front of oncoming traffic.

It's almost like they drive like dummies because they don't know where they're going. Well why the heck are they driving Cabs if they're lost????????? Sheesh!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 05:42 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,191,995 times
The only cab I want to ride in is "the Cash Cab". I love that show.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:37 PM

896 posts, read 267,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bnsurprise View Post
i know what you mean. I had to take a cab one day when i was down town. It was during the night and this guy didn't stop at any red lights. I was freaking out and asked why he didn't stop at the red lights.

He tells me he never stops at the red lights and he had never had a wreck. Then he tells me his brother also drives a cab and his brother never stops at a red light and he has never been in an accident either. I start to feel a little better about his driving and then we come to a green light and the guy stops.

I aks him, "why are you stopping the light is green?"

this guy tells me he can't dreive past a green light, his brother might be working.

funny

Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,078,539 times
there is no such thing as a cab driver, only unemployed artists or somalis and iraqi's bent on revenge.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:50 PM

8,020 posts, read 12,165,215 times
A lot of taxi drivers that that I've noticed tend to drive very slowly on the freeways. I don't know if they're scared of the radar cameras or what, but there they are hogging the left lanes and not going with the flow of traffic ... which is a CLEAR VIOLATION OF ARIZONA LAW.

I remember one time I got behind a taxi on a Tempe street that was not only driving too slowly, but was starting to weave into the next lane, almost causing a side swipe to other cars. Ironically, on the back of the taxi was one of those stickers asking "how am I driving?", and it gave a phone number to call ... and by God, I called & reported the driver!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 PM

44,542 posts, read 61,215,278 times
If you like taxi thrills, ride with one in New York City...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area