Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 11:33 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,016,541 times

Advertisements

After being gone for many years we are now considering moving back to AZ ( I grew up in Glendale and No. Phoenix) as the weather, warmer and hot is better for myself and my wife who has arthritis.
Here in NM we are at 7000 ft which is nice, but the winters and being just too far from medical etc., have brought us to make the change.
Again, it's a trade off, city life vs. country life and needs.

Will visit again in a month and being retired looking for work is not a need, just a "nice" community to live in that has things we need.

Happy trails,
HW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 02:09 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,187,896 times
Why not consider Sun Lakes or Sunbird in Chandler or Trilogy in Gilbert. These are active adult communities with lots of amenities.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:40 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,016,541 times
Default Re: relocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
Why not consider Sun Lakes or Sunbird in Chandler or Trilogy in Gilbert. These are active adult communities with lots of amenities.
Well, yes I am researching Sun Lakes haven't heard about the others.
Also looking at Sun City West or?

Concered about the membership fees, taxes etc. Homes prices also.
What do you get for you $.

We like the idea of a private community as where we are now we have all 120 acres fenced and locked gates.

We hope to get down that way sometime in May. We were in Chandler a couple years ago and liked the area, although thinking of going to the city is going to be a trade off.

Thanks for the info.
HW

Old 04-26-2010, 01:23 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,187,896 times
Sun Lakes near Chandler has HOA fees of around $1000 annually. Taxes are low because they do not support schools. They have a one time capital improvement fee of appx $1000 & transfer fee of $350. Check out:

SUN LAKES COUNTRY CLUB H.O.A Community Association

You also mentioned Sun City West which is one of my favorites. SCW is in the Northwest Valley. A much larger community that is also adjacent to Sun City & Sun City Grand. There are a lot more amenities in SCW (rec centers, golf courses, pools, tennis, restaurants, 3 hospitals etc.) the whole area is setup for retirees, even gas is cheaper. Single Family Homes in SCW do not have any HOA fees (a voluntary $15 fee if you wish to be a member), you must however join the recreation center for about $400 annually for 2 people. Again taxes are low because of no schools. One time capital improvement fee is about $2500. Check out:

Arizona active adult retirement community,Sun City West,golf communities, active senior adult retirement communities, sun city west homes, sun city west rentals, best tennis retirement communities

Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,326,019 times
If I was considering an adult community to retire in, I would look no further than Sun City and Sun City West. A large portion of my patients originate from there and they have a great time. They even have their own organized snow ski clubs, gyms etc. They are very active and fun. It's always a joke when I ask them about alcohol intake because these guys essentially party everyday. They get up, play golf, have some cocktails in the afternoon and sleep and then get up, eat out for dinner and have some more cocktails. They are great patients and just hilarious. They are enjoying the good life.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:21 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,294,256 times
I actually like Springfield in South Chandler better than Sun Lakes. Springfield seems a little newer, and many of the houses seem nicer and larger with more modern amenities. Of the three, I like Sunbird the least, although they do have some manufactured homes, which make that development more affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area