Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 08:58 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,312,282 times

Advertisements

hubby and I were looking around and wanted to know...since we found none on the net...are there any town homes or apartments in this areas? 2 floors/4 bedrooms?

Or are all these zip codes only single family homes?

We see a lot to choose from in single family dept...but noticed no town homes? is that true?

Thanks...

please don't suggest we need a realtor, we need to visit etc, we are only looking and doing re-search at this time, nothing has been set in stone with the exception of walking to school....everything else will revolve around that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
hubby and I were looking around and wanted to know...since we found none on the net...are there any town homes or apartments in this areas? 2 floors/4 bedrooms?

Or are all these zip codes only single family homes?

We see a lot to choose from in single family dept...but noticed no town homes? is that true?

Thanks...

please don't suggest we need a realtor, we need to visit etc, we are only looking and doing re-search at this time, nothing has been set in stone with the exception of walking to school....everything else will revolve around that.

You can modify your search engine to only townhomes on realtor.com.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 AM

I did, nothing came up...and when I choose "rent" it grays out everything except single family homes....

Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,572,650 times
Check Homepage : Ahwatukee Foothills News and click on the Real Estate URL on the top right at the link. It allows you to type in zip codes. It has a good search engine, much better than the national site, www.realtor.com because you can search for gated communities and lofts all over the Valley. You can also enter a zip code such as 85044. It allows you to search for condos/townhomes.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:42 PM

t

Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,443,128 times
Four bedroom townhomes/townhouses/condos are relatively rare. Apartments with two floors, even more so. I'm familiar with 85284 (I live there) and 85283 (used to live there), which are both Tempe codes, not Phoenix, and I don't think you'll find them there, especially within your five minute walk limit. Check the sites suggested to be sure, and to look at the other ZIP codes. Your choices in rentals, in any category, will be much more limited than with sales.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 AM

Ok, I don't know how that message above happened unless I was on my blackberry and hit something accidentally......sorry I don't know how to delete messages here....

Back to thread...Yeah I noticed,...we had a few friends that lived in 4/bdr town homes in Fort Lauderdale and I thought they were more popular....I know there aren't any 2 floors apartments, I forgot to split that up.

I realize that buying in this market is great, however we don't really have a reason to buy right now...we may, when we find THE place we want to be for a very long time...we have school to worry about, careers, business etc....we want to travel more and expose our kids to more than one boring place...(here!) and buying pretty much ties you down, I can make a very long list as to "why" that is as we bought before...I am sure eventually we will buy again.....and it will probably BE there in AZ too....it's just we have other priorities right now.

As I was saying before my main concern is to be withing a 5 minute walk to school, (in these zip codes: 85048, 85226, 85044, I am weeding through)
if there is anyone that goes to elementary school in the Kyrene district and lives in the above mentioned zip codes and can tell me what communities are within a 5 minute walk to those elementary schools I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL and will take you out for dinner and an awesome sunset when we get there.

Below are the elementary schools I am reviewing right now...

Kyrene de los Lagos
Kyrene Monte Vista
Kyrene de las Brisas
Kyrene de los Cerritos
Kyrene del Cielo
Kyrene de la Mariposa
Kyrene de la Paloma
Kyrene de la Sierra
Kyrene de la Estrella

Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,587,751 times
I did an MLS rental search, and there are no 4 bedroom townhome/apt rentals listed in those zip codes. There are 7, 3 bedrooms, none 5min walk to school. Finding a townhome/apt in walking distance to a school may not be doable, most are surrounded by single family homes.

You might also try some of the rental websites like Craigslist since not all rentals are listed in the MLS.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM

88 posts, read 221,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
I did an MLS rental search, and there are no 4 bedroom townhome/apt rentals listed in those zip codes. There are 7, 3 bedrooms, none 5min walk to school. Finding a townhome/apt in walking distance to a school may not be doable, most are surrounded by single family homes.

You might also try some of the rental websites like Craigslist since not all rentals are listed in the MLS.
Agreed .Craigslist is great for finding non-listed rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: