Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,320,794 times

Advertisements

We were going through our stuff to see what's worth moving and what's not.....and were debating the rental of a storage unit for the stuff we keep in the garage in case we don't find a place with 3 car garage....now, we never did this before and the ONLY storage facilities we ever talked about were for an RV vehicle if we end up in a community that's not friendly to storing anything but regular cars in the driveway/garage....my question is this, does the fact that the heat is DRY matters? here in FL due to increased humidity stuff seems to get ruined faster....are these units air conditioned? does that increases their overall monthly fees? as opposed to non air conditioned units? if any.

Thank you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,345,694 times
Stuff keeps well in storage - no mold, mildew, etc. It will probably last forever. I think they have air conditioned facilities but I have never had one and don't know anyone who does. But it does get dusty, so if you have furnishing etc put them in those plastic storage bags. There are storage unit EVERYWHERE around here - maybe because no basements or attics.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,320,794 times
Cool, no we would only have bikes and lawn equipment in the scenario that we find a yard that doesn't have grass...one of my hubby's hobby is yard work, he loves to be "proud" of his lawn...I on the other hand would landscape with all the gravel I can find.....hahahahaha

yeah, same here, we also don't have any basements or attics, few attics but too small to really store anything and also not AC'd!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:32 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,087,217 times
When we moved here from Chicago we found an apt. that had storage units right there on the grounds. It was great cause we had 2 households of stuff and only a 2 bedroom apt for the first 7 months. We paid extra monthly for it but it was definitely worth it.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,882,136 times
We had to rent storage twice since August, and both units had AC or temperature control down here in CG. The stipulation was no flammables, so with lawn equipment you need to empty gas, probably oil, and I would lube any gaskets, belts, etc. because of the dryness and not being in use....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area