Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 AM

104 posts, read 240,477 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
My family and I are relocating to Gilbert,Arizona. My husband works as a chef on the eastcoast right now. Is there any jobs available (no chain restaurants) in the Scottsdale/surrounding areas? Country clubs? Where should he look for jobs? Any help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 06:52 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Why are you moving to Gilbert, if your husband wants to work in the Scottsdale area? Long drive to the areas where most of the resorts/country clubs are concentrated.

This is the slow time for restaurants, resorts, country clubs, etc. It may get easier to find work in the fall.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:01 AM

Well, we like the area of Gilbert (we have a 2 yr old). We heard it is cheaper than Scottsdale? How long is the drive? I know it is a slow time but I don't really know the restaurants there or country clubs? Where can I find out this information?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:49 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
If you aren't moving until the fall 2011...this info will probably change. Google...AZ (whatever area) countryclubs, restaurants, etc., would be a great start to see locations around the area.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks...I will check it out!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
You have some time to check things out, then. Grannysroost is right, some internet searches will give you a better picture of what is available. Whether Gilbert is cheaper than Scottsdale depends on what you are looking for in terms of housing. Buying gasoline is a bigger and bigger part of the cost of living.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:22 PM

Okay thanks...I did go on google and type in country clubs and restaurants in scottsdale and also found a recruiting agency for chefs so I hope this works for him. His commute now is 30 mins or more so no big deal if that is the commute there. We just want to make sure he can find a job and I know they are hard to come by We are tired of Philly and need to get out of here...need a new scenery
Also, I have been looking @ houses online and they are pretty cheap with a pool. I am hoping all goes well and it works out for us there.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmc View Post
Okay thanks...I did go on google and type in country clubs and restaurants in scottsdale and also found a recruiting agency for chefs so I hope this works for him. His commute now is 30 mins or more so no big deal if that is the commute there. We just want to make sure he can find a job and I know they are hard to come by We are tired of Philly and need to get out of here...need a new scenery
Also, I have been looking @ houses online and they are pretty cheap with a pool. I am hoping all goes well and it works out for us there.

Good Luck and yes compared to Philly I think you are gonna like it here. I was in Philly for a week last week and could not wait to get back.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:14 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmc View Post
Well, we like the area of Gilbert (we have a 2 yr old). We heard it is cheaper than Scottsdale? How long is the drive? I know it is a slow time but I don't really know the restaurants there or country clubs? Where can I find out this information?
Of course, the commute between Gilbert and Scottsdale depends on where you're located in each city. Traffic in Scottsdale can be very difficult, depending on location.

The cost of living is much lower in Gilbert, though, as someone else mentioned, you need to factor in the expense of gas, etc. for the commute. Scottsdale is fabulous for cultural opportunities, but is undeniably more expensive for most people.

As most metro areas, we have tons of chain restaurants. Here are some links to restaurants in the area that might suit your husband's skills. I'm not in the food industry, so this may be of no help to him.
Fine Dining Restaurants - Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Glendale, Arizona

Seville Golf & Country Club*View Library Document: Boleros at Seville

Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort - Arizona Dining

Ocotillo Golf Resort - Bernard's

Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Thanks so much!! I KNOW we will be happy in AZ!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area