Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2018, 10:58 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,300,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
I live in Canada in the middle of the Prairies and I play golf from mid April to mid Oct almost every year and I'm a fair weather golfer.
Probably weren't playing in April this year with tons of snow. And there's cold days beginning in September anywhere from the Great Plains on up. Your weather is not dissimilar to where I live in South Dakota, albeit colder and generally here you can count on decent, but not necessarily good golf weather from mid May through September. That's it. If you are lucky, a few days either side of that.

I love these outlier stories. "It's 75 degrees in December in South Dakota!" Sure, you can probably dig that up in Rapid City some year.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:55 AM

586 posts, read 540,975 times
I left Estrella on Apr 12th and golfed in SK the following week, so yeah course was open and golfwas played. My course opens Masters weekend every year so yeah you are wrong again. I also swim in my Canadian pool from late Apr to early Oct as well
The days of snow in Oct are more scarce than than the days of golf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Probably weren't playing in April this year with tons of snow. And there's cold days beginning in September anywhere from the Great Plains on up. Your weather is not dissimilar to where I live in South Dakota, albeit colder and generally here you can count on decent, but not necessarily good golf weather from mid May through September. That's it. If you are lucky, a few days either side of that.

I love these outlier stories. "It's 75 degrees in December in South Dakota!" Sure, you can probably dig that up in Rapid City some year.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I left Estrella on Apr 12th and golfed in SK the following week, so yeah course was open and golfwas played. My course opens Masters weekend every year so yeah you are wrong again. I also swim in my Canadian pool from late Apr to early Oct as well
The days of snow in Oct are more scarce than than the days of golf.
Yeah, you are right. It's very nice from outdoors in the Upper Great Plains every year through October to late Nov, turns extremely nice gain in early April every year. Funny, but you got a huge blast of snow up in Canada in mid April and Sioux Falls got 30 inches of snow in April this year and generally Sioux Falls gets a big snowstorm and cold at least in late Oct if not earlier. Nov can be cold all month.

Average high in Winnipeg mid April is 49. So, sure you can do it. The point I'm making is that it's cold many months of the year and even in the "nice" months there's weather issues....bugs, humidity, storms, etc...

But late Nov, Dec. Jan, Feb. March and most or all of April are very nice. Cognitive dissonance. It's ok.

I guess I was living in an alternate reality for the first few decades of my life.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:32 PM

586 posts, read 540,975 times
You do know Canada is rather large and the weather each part gets can be different right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Yeah, you are right. It's very nice from outdoors in the Upper Great Plains every year through October to late Nov, turns extremely nice gain in early April every year. Funny, but you got a huge blast of snow up in Canada in mid April and Sioux Falls got 30 inches of snow in April this year and generally Sioux Falls gets a big snowstorm and cold at least in late Oct if not earlier. Nov can be cold all month.

But late Nov, Dec. Jan, Feb. March and most or all of April are very nice. Cognitive dissonance. It's ok.

I guess I was living in an alternate reality for the first few decades of my life.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
You do know Canada is rather large and the weather each part gets can be different right??
I'm familiar with Saskatchewan, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area