Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 PM

8,913 posts, read 20,311,796 times

Advertisements

Right now I have Photo Go 1.0 and it's easy to use, HOWEVER, it does not have filters in it for removing grain, etc and can't do "captions". For that I have the old Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition 4.0. Photo Go also has a photo "straightener" that my Adobe PhotoDeluxe doesn't have. Depending on the lighting, some photos I take can have some grain in them of which then I need the "graininess" taken out/reduced and that has to be done in my PhotoDeluxe. I took some photos at a church Christmas Program a couple of weeks ago and, due to the lighting that was used in the Program, there was just too much grain in them and I had to run them thru my Adobe PhotoDeluxe. I very seldom use the Adobe PhotoDeluxe as Photo Go 1.0 takes care of what I need done.

I replied to another thread discussing photo editing software and someone told me that I should check into Adobe Photo Elements. So, I got the Trail Version today and have found out that that software isn't that easy to use! It took me some time to figure out the Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition that I have, but I'm older and less patient now. There are editing things in Elements that I would probably never use or even understand how to use!

Simply speaking, I'm just wondering if I should just keep the two editing programs that I have and not spend money in buying a more complicated one.

I'm also trying to get my photos to print with more clarity/sharpness and don't know if the printer or editing software is my problem or BOTH. I'm trying to sell some of my photos, but I just feel that they aren't as clear/sharp in color as they could be. I'm not saying they are dull, but........

Suggestions, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,485,866 times
IMO ~ If what you already have and use is working why change it? More Expensive and Complicated is not necessarily better. Spend the money on a good quality Epson printer.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
If it works for you than stick with it keeping in mind upgrading will eventually be necessary as software goes.
As far a print quality goes I agree with madcap, but also check your photo editor settings. I use Elements 6.0 and when I print I have the option to allow for Adobe to control the color quality, which does a much better job than Windows doing it.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:45 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Try neat image for noise reduction, the demo is limited but not by much....

Neat Image standalone (Win) :: feature map

Old 12-29-2011, 11:48 PM

20,271 posts, read 37,040,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Try neat image for noise reduction, the demo is limited but not by much....

Neat Image standalone (Win) :: feature map
Yes, that's an outstanding noise removing plugin, and easy to learn. I use it as a CS5 plugin, although CS5 by itself can be used to remove noise with minimal image degradation.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:19 AM

8,913 posts, read 20,311,796 times
Well, I decided to remove Photoshop (trial version) from the computer. I will use our Photo Go 1.0 and our old PhotoDeluxe that we have. They both have all I need for editing.

Now, to learn MORE about the Canon MP560 that I use for printing, so I can print better, more sharper photos!

Old 12-31-2011, 02:49 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Yes, that's an outstanding noise removing plugin, and easy to learn. I use it as a CS5 plugin, although CS5 by itself can be used to remove noise with minimal image degradation.
There is standalone version, you don't need photoshop.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:14 PM

20,271 posts, read 37,040,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
There is standalone version, you don't need photoshop.
Yes, that's true. But since I already have CS5, I installed Neat Image as a plugin.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,363,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I'm also trying to get my photos to print with more clarity/sharpness and don't know if the printer or editing software is my problem or BOTH.
That sounds more like an in-camera issue. Are you using good lenses? Do you have a camera capable of shooting at a high ISO?

If you're exposing your images properly, you shouldn't have to "remove" grain.

There's only so much software can do...

Old 01-01-2012, 05:50 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,138,537 times
I use Picasa. It's free and easy to use. They also have an upgrade called picnik for $24.95 per year that I use as well. Love both. You can just use them direct from the web.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography