Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,895,026 times

Advertisements

Ok, this notice was sent to me and it's a limited thing with a couple of conditions, but I know a few folks in here may be able to take advantage of it.

Pictureline is selling the full boxed version of CS6 for $299.00 until August 31st. This is according to them, not the upgrade, but the full version. In order to qualify for this price, you have to have a previous version of Elements or Lightroom. It's my guess this is a direct Adobe offer through them, as in the past Adobe has had "semi-nonpublished" deals where they allow Elements and Lightroom users to get this for that same price, so it's probably linked, but to my knowledge you can't get this price directly from Adobe right now.

Things to note:

1) Once again, you have to have an Elements or Lightroom purchase previously to get this. According to Pictureline and comments they made in their Facebook posting about it, you do not need to have bought them from their company, however.

2) This is a good deal, but keep in mind, students get an even lower deal I believe, and, if you own CS5 you can get CS6 for the usual $199.00 upgrade price. I'm not sure if they decided to allow CS4 people to still do that, so check. Upgrading from a previous version if allowed, is still cheaper than this deal.

3) If you are unsure about anything, I'd definitely recommend contacting the company before making the purchase to confirm.

Good luck.

Windows link: http://www.pictureline.com/photoshop...aign=400offcs6

Apple link: Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Mac 65158493
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 AM

106,714 posts, read 108,913,061 times
only cs5 gets the upgrade price,.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
only cs5 gets the upgrade price,.
Actually that's not true.

"There is a special offer – good through the end of the year- which allows CS3 & CS4 owners an opportunity to upgrade to CS6."

Source: YOUR Release: Photoshop CS6 Inspired by Customers | PHOTOSHOP.COM BLOG

Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 AM

106,714 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Wow interesting. Last i heard only cs5 qualified. Guess sales werent as good as they expected.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Wow interesting. Last i heard only cs5 qualified. Guess sales werent as good as they expected.
I think your guess is wrong, given that the article was released on the same date as CS6.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,895,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I think your guess is wrong, given that the article was released on the same date as CS6.
His guess was not wrong. Adobe had actually released a blog posting before CS6 saying that only CS5 users would get the $199 upgrade price and that CS4 and older users needed to upgrade to CS5 then, in order to qualify for CS6 upgrade pricing - giving older users very little time to actually do this before CS6 came out. At the time, it was reported on the Dpreview web site with a link to the blog post. (Adobe later edited to the blog post when they reversed their decision).

I was one of the people who went out and spent $199 to upgrade from CS4 to CS5 so I could continue my upgrade path cheaper, but I was also one of the many people who was not at all happy about it. Soon after I and others did this, Abode reversed their decision due to user complaints about it, which essentially left a number of people having just spend two hundred dollars for no reason at all. I filed a complaint with Adobe about this, and they actually refunded my purchase price for CS5. Shocking - but true. I guess they're not all bad after all.

Either way - that's not really the topic. The sales price above is a "decent" one if someone has the proper Elements/Lightroom qualifying software for the upgrade, to get them a full version if they need it. As has been discussed numerous times in the room before though, make sure you truly need the full version or can benefit from it before plunking down the money - otherwise, Elements or even an alternative like Paint Shop Pro may be all you need.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
His guess was not wrong. Adobe had actually released a blog posting before CS6 saying that only CS5 users would get the $199 upgrade price and that CS4 and older users needed to upgrade to CS5 then, in order to qualify for CS6 upgrade pricing - giving older users very little time to actually do this before CS6 came out.
You didn't follow the thread. He guessed that bad sales of CS6 are what motivated them to extend it to prior versions. That is what I said was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography