Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,728 times

Advertisements

I come onto the Photography thread ALL the time. I absolutely love pictures. I want you all to know...that you all have inspired me so much. With your pictures and your information and answers, its all so great. I just wanted to say thank you.
I am currently saving up for a good camera. I only have a Samsung digital. Its only working half way. If i zoom in...the picture turns white. I am saving up for a good printer as well. I dont understand all the "lingo" yet, but i will eventually.
So THANK YOU for all the wonderful pictures, and for inspiring others
to get out there and snap away...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
It's always a good day when we can inspire a "lurker" to someday be a "poster". We look forward to seeing your work in here. Let us know when you're ready to get yourself a new camera. You wouldn't be short of help.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:15 PM

Lol..a lurker..that sounds kinda creepy..lol
I will definitly let you know..i've been looking and thinking..but havent leaned one way or the other yet. I did post one picture..under clouds. But i just love what you all bring to the table. I dont understand what Macro is yet...but they are gorgeous...Oooo i get goosebumps..i love pictures.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Macro is when you are able to capture an image in its finest details by getting close to it. You can achieve this in your camera if there is a "tulip" setting/button. In addition to that settings, some cameras allow mounting of macro lenses which can help you get even closer. Here are two easy to take macro shots:

Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM

Thats the kinda thing i want to do..Gorgeous Einstein....gorgeous. Thank you.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Macro is when you are able to capture an image in its finest details by getting close to it. You can achieve this in your camera if there is a "tulip" setting/button. In addition to that settings, some cameras allow mounting of macro lenses which can help you get even closer. Here are two easy to take macro shots:
EF 100 Macro?

Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
I come onto the Photography thread ALL the time. I absolutely love pictures. I want you all to know...that you all have inspired me so much. With your pictures and your information and answers, its all so great. I just wanted to say thank you.
Thanks. I get inspired by all the photos here as well. Ive gotten a bit better just by visiting here and seeing what everyone else is doing.

Hope to see some of your pics posted soon.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
I am also a silent "looker" here..I find the photo's so soothing and what a wonderful way to "get away "for a while..I also visit the photo threads on some of the State forums..What a wonderful, talented lot of photographers on CD..I just wanted you all to know how much enjoyment you have brought to me I love to take pictures but have no talent...

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,238,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am also a silent "looker" here..I find the photo's so soothing and what a wonderful way to "get away "for a while..I also visit the photo threads on some of the State forums..What a wonderful, talented lot of photographers on CD..I just wanted you all to know how much enjoyment you have brought to me I love to take pictures but have no talent...
Same here, great way to get away.
Took this in my backyard last summer, the flowers and lil Birdie will help keep me warm till spring.

Just want to add this is a great place to *get away.
Digital Grin Photography Forum - Powered by vBulletin

And there fun pics here you just have to find them.
http://micechat.com/forums/

Last edited by Summerz; 02-05-2009 at 06:07 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 PM

Miss Blue i whole heartedly agree. I love to "get away" looking at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography