Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2019, 08:05 PM

29 posts, read 34,534 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone

I recently purchased a new to me and very lightly used Sony A7II camera. Matched with a Sony 24-240 lens. I haven't used it much yet but, I had a question and was hoping someone could answer it for it.

Should I reset it to factory settings?
I'm fairly new to photography and am definitely new to digital/mirrorless cameras and all of there functions. I'd like to learn more but thought it would be best to reset it and start fresh.
Is it a good idea to reset it back to factory settings?

One thing I did notice while shooting a family of Hawks was it was set to RAW.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 06:56 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
I'd keep it as the last guy set it up if he or she knew what they were doing. Also always shoot RAW. That lets you have more control over the final image.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:24 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'd keep it as the last guy set it up if he or she knew what they were doing. Also always shoot RAW. That lets you have more control over the final image.
Good advise. I would learn to use the camera as set by the seller (RAW).

Also, watching videos at "youtube.com" about learning how to use the Sony A7II camera would be another good idea.

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ny+A7II+camera

Old 09-28-2019, 01:21 PM

29 posts, read 34,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
That is what I'm unaware of, how skilled of a photographer he was. He unfortunately is no longer us, his son sold it who has no idea or interest in it.
I will keep it as is and go through some of the videos Rayin posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Good advise. I would learn to use the camera as set by the seller (RAW).

Also, watching videos at "youtube.com" about learning how to use the Sony A7II camera would be another good idea.

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ny+A7II+camera
I will, thank you for the links. Lots to go through, I'll have my nights worth of viewings lined up

Thanks for the time to respond guys, I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography