Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 AM

267 posts, read 1,175,767 times

Advertisements

A friend sent me this email, thought the folks here would enjoy and relate to a lot of this. I am personally guilty of number 4 and 8- twice! Enjoy!

Top 15 reasons you might be obsessed with photography.

1. You get a brown dog because you don't want the exposure problems caused by black and/or white fur.
2. Your doctor informs you that the reason your baby girl didn't open her eyes until she was 18 months old was because you kept strobing her for baby pics.
3. You don't giggle when a fashion photographer says he snooted his model during a shoot.
4. At your nephew's christening you ask the priest to repeat the water dipping because your first shot was a bit blurry.
5. You refer to cleaning up after dinner as postprocessing the kitchen .
6. You think that double of 4 is 5.6.
7. When you ask a stranger to take a photo of you and your spouse on holiday it takes you 10 minutes to explain the process of taking a shot with your camera.
8. You've locked yourself out of your house and car, forgetting your keys many times, but you're never without a camera.
9. When your spouse asks you if you want to go for a walk you reply "not yet, Honey, the light isn't good right now".
10. When you ask your boss for a raise you request 1/3 stop salary increase.
11. It took you 1/2 hour to decide which car to get but 2 months for what 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom to buy.
12. You can't remember the date of your anniversary but you know the specs to all the cameras and lenses in your brand.
13. You once got into a bar fight because somebody said digital was better than film.
14. You have triplets and name them Diane , Ansel and Henri .
15. You tell your son he has to go to a state school because you spent his college fund when you switched camera systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 AM

1,286 posts, read 3,479,516 times
Default These are hilarious!

(although many went over my head...can you tell I'm a newbie?)

Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Very funny. Numbers 9 and 12 are definitely me.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Number 8...yes, I've done that one countless times.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:23 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
Very funny! I'm definitely guilty of number 8, and although I don't have a spouse to go for a walk with, I always decide when I'm leaving the house based on the quality of the light, if there are clouds to enhance my photos, and so forth.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:30 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,734 times
16. Your spouse constantly asks you, "Don't you have enough pictures of ____ ?"
17. You often find yourself completely ignoring the subject in a print to focus on the bokeh of the background.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:13 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
#9 darn near got my head ripped off one evening. The fine young woman I was dating at the time was over and we were in the front yard letting the dogs play together. I took a look at the sky and made the comment it looked like a great evening to catch the sunset. So we put the dogs in the house and jumped into my vehicle and headed to a nearby hill to catch the sunset. When we got there I jumped out with my camera, grabbed the tripod out of the back seat and started to set up to get a few good photos. Well let me tell you Mister-Man that is NOT the type of "catching the sunset" she had envisioned in the least. In fact her exact words were, "You drug me out here in the middle of nowhere, on top of this God forsaken hill, in the freezing wind... TO TAKE PICTURES of the sunset!! I was hoping you had developed a romantic side and wanted to share the sunset with me."

13 years later she still is still a bit miffed about that evening . Although we do have a couple of great photos of a beautiful sunset to show our 4 boys and someday sit in our rockers on the porch and look at together. She has almost given up on the romantic side (one does show up once in a while now though) but does appreciate the good photos of the kids and our life together.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonVivant View Post

1. You get a brown dog because you don't want the exposure problems caused by black and/or white fur.
Guilty

Quote:
3. You don't giggle when a fashion photographer says he snooted his model during a shoot.
Guilty

Quote:
4. At your nephew's christening you ask the priest to repeat the water dipping because your first shot was a bit blurry.
Guilty

Quote:
7. When you ask a stranger to take a photo of you and your spouse on holiday it takes you 10 minutes to explain the process of taking a shot with your camera.
Guilty

Quote:
8. You've locked yourself out of your house and car, forgetting your keys many times, but you're never without a camera.
Guilty

Quote:
11. It took you 1/2 hour to decide which car to get but 2 months for what 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom to buy.
Somewhat guilty

Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,802 times
Those are great!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:55 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,211,553 times
I'm a #8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography