Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM

2,870 posts, read 3,361,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
The music mural is really great! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thanks! Anyone can get the same shot (or likely better shot) just waling down the streets of San Francisco... there are loads of buildings with fantastic murals! Amazing artists... well, that is a bit redundant... its is San Francisco after all! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,908,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2cme View Post
Thanks! Anyone can get the same shot (or likely better shot) just waling down the streets of San Francisco... there are loads of buildings with fantastic murals! Amazing artists... well, that is a bit redundant... its is San Francisco after all! LOL
Was that the building by City Lights Bookstore?

Old 05-05-2009, 05:41 AM

2,870 posts, read 3,361,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
Was that the building by City Lights Bookstore?
Yep,,, that's the one! At the northwest corner of Broadway and Columbus Avenue, the gateway to North Beach! Bill Weber and Tony Klaas, the artists, are depicted in the lower left corner, although you can't really see them in my picture -- The main focus is on Benny Goodman playing the clarinet & Oscar Peterson on the bass. Telegraph Hill rises on the top right center & Italian fishing boats fill the lower right. A bit of SFO History all told on 3 Stories of Wall!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Yep,,, that's the one! At the northwest corner of Broadway and Columbus Avenue, the gateway to North Beach! Bill Weber and Tony Klaas, the artists, are depicted in the lower left corner, although you can't really see them in my picture -- The main focus is on Benny Goodman playing the clarinet & Oscar Peterson on the bass. Telegraph Hill rises on the top right center & Italian fishing boats fill the lower right. A bit of SFO History all told on 3 Stories of Wall!
Man, that's so cool. I should've taken a walk over there when I was in SF a few months ago, but I didn't . However, I'm leaving tomorrow for SF and first thing Thursday morning, I'm walking there with camera in hand. Thanks for posting!

Old 05-05-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
That's GREAT! I can't wait to see your angles on it! There are SO many buildings in SF with amazing murals,,, the more you explore the more you'll find the hidden jewels! Have a great trip!

If you make it over to the Mission District, check out the Women's Building at 3543 18th Street at Lapidge Street... it'll blow your mind! Here is a small bit of that mural...

Will do! Thanks, x2cme!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 AM

Thanks for holding the fort down, x2cme!

All from the streets of San Francisco:

This was one of the highlights of my trip - an original BANKSY siting (refer to my post a page back or so).

The Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy:

Old 05-22-2009, 08:35 AM

409 posts, read 948,004 times
I just love when someone does a painting on a building!
X2cme...just look at all the colors in that paintings you took! Wow!
Blondie...those down home art photos are my favorite ones! Love the bear!
xGrendelx...love the swing and the chicken one below it!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:43 PM

I didn't take these photos, but I found them online and thought they were worth sharing.

This is in San Francisco's Chinatown:

This is from Paris (I think it's beautiful):

This is from New York:

This one is just brilliant:

Old 05-30-2009, 05:40 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,337,451 times
There's lots of cool wall murals in Louisville's Inner East Side

Here are some from the U of L area (South End)

An anti G.W. Bush mural on an East Side abandoned factory

Old 06-04-2009, 05:09 PM

83 posts, read 194,455 times
Years before the white man came and tainted my beautiful country my people would paint caves of everyday life such as hunting and scenes of our living. Today the white man has turned this beautiful land into a civilization of trash filled cities and trailer parks where we once had our tepees and spirit rituals. Now they are stopping the same idea of painting the time in era by persecuting those who are keeping America in its purest form of freedom. The white man came and spread diseases, forcefully took over and built these concentration camps of states. I am all for street art depicting the times of our lives... more power to those who are not being thrown into this whirlpool of rules and no privacy days of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography