Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 PM

319 posts, read 1,464,045 times

Advertisements

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD"

No more comments

Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,775,496 times
Let's get one thing straight:

No one here said anything about hating. That's a real strong word, but believe me if I hate something, I say it. But there is a reason, that not a lot of people here are responding to you. That reason, is the way you are coming off. You just don't see it. You come off as cocky, arrogant, and well, as rather an insufferable know-it-all. I'm sorry but you do!

So you make money at it. That's fine. No one here ever said it wasn't. Hell I've made some nice $$ doing weddings. The line is drawn between you and I, because I passionately care about this thing I do. I ENJOY the photography first. If I make anything of it, that's just a fringe benefit. I wouldn't care if I never made a nickel from it, as long its what I love to do. You come off as, well, like you don't care about the image as long as its $$ in pocket. Survival. Its okay. Yes, you do have to survive. BUT: Why don't you try seeing it the other way around, and try that for a while. Try being passionate about the images first, and see where that takes you. Could be the adventure of a lifetime. And I'd be willing to bet that if you did try it, I mean really try it, your images would improve so much, that demand would take a quantum leap.

Try it and see. You'll never know if you don't even consider it.

Last edited by Azkadellia; 05-12-2009 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,775,496 times
Never mind, yes close the thread.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 PM

905 posts, read 2,402,403 times
Isn't this the same thing that happens whenever this guy makes an account on CD?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,113,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Let's get one thing straight:

No one here said anything about hating. That's a real strong word, but believe me if I hate something, I say it. But there is a reason, that not a lot of people here are responding to you. That reason, is the way you are coming off. You just don't see it. You come off as cocky, arrogant, and well, as rather an insufferable know-it-all. I'm sorry but you do!

So you make money at it. That's fine. No one here ever said it wasn't. Hell I've made some nice $$ doing weddings. The line is drawn between you and I, because I passionately care about this thing I do. I ENJOY the photography first. If I make anything of it, that's just a fringe benefit. I wouldn't care if I never made a nickel from it, as long its what I love to do. You come off as, well, like you don't care about the image as long as its $$ in pocket. Survival. Its okay. Yes, you do have to survive. BUT: Why don't you try seeing it the other way around, and try that for a while. Try being passionate about the images first, and see where that takes you. Could be the adventure of a lifetime. And I'd be willing to bet that if you did try it, I mean really try it, your images would improve so much, that demand would take a quantum leap.

Try it and see. You'll never know if you don't even consider it.
Turn about is fair play, Azkadellia, standing ovation to you.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:49 PM

My obsession with photography has been on going for 4 decades. I love to create beautiful images.

I have worked my butt off trying to learn something difficult - processing color with film and chemicals.

I have posted on 60 photo forums - The art of photography - this is the only site that has used words - "my photos are inferior" they xxxx and on and on. Changing my words and putting in other words and changing what I said.. is downright mean . NO PERSONAL ATTACKS is what it says.

all I am trying to do is provide information for beginners. I have said so.. but people do not take the time to read all my words and change the focus of the thread.

I once had 60 rolls of color film: I needed to develop this film but had no water. I had to melt snow for months just to obtain the minimal amount to mix chemicals, proceess the film and print the images. I was trying to help some people that I love dearly. I spent thousands of dollars trying to do something for them for free. You read tooo much into my simple words.. I am not only in this for the money but to help as much as I can others that want to learn.

Everyone needs money - it is easy to make money with a camera if you use your imagination. I am trying to inspire people. that is all. Think different.

I have proven far beyond any doubt, you can create stunning images with VIRTUALLY any camera. Hand a polaroid to ansel adams and watch what he could have done with that. This has been done, many times by many pros and the results published on many camera magazine covers over the decades. This is one of the reasons I make these 'silly' claims. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited by JessE86; 05-12-2009 at 11:17 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 01:27 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,853,519 times
Duherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Old 05-13-2009, 03:52 AM

Using your imagination to create - ! We view our world through a viewfinder, - that which we want to capture. Creativitiy comes from 'seeing' & using your IMAGINATION. It has absoluty nothing to do with which brand of camera you use.

It is all about your COMPOSITION through - any viewfinder !

Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 AM

99 posts, read 321,009 times
Quote:
I have posted on 60 photo forums - The art of photography - this is the only site that has used words - "my photos are inferior" they xxxx and on and on. Changing my words and putting in other words and changing what I said.. is downright mean . NO PERSONAL ATTACKS is what it says.
I don't believe any here has attacked you personally. I took the time earlier in this thread to to point out to you that your photos contain a number of issues that a seasoned pro such as yourself could have easily corrected through the camera or during development. Instead, you cast my suggestions aside and go off on a rant about how much money you've earned through the years, and because tourists are willing to pay cash for your pictures you need to go from forum to forum on the internet sharing your vast knowledge.

The information you've posted is not new to anyone who is interested in photography as art. A quick Google search yields a number of sites which lay out their thoughts more clearly, and are much better written.

Quote:
all I am trying to do is provide information for beginners. I have said so.. but people do not take the time to read all my words and change the focus of the thread.
I'm taking an issue with your advice because although you say you're trying to help beginners, judging from the quality of your photography, it looks like you don't heed your own words. It's obvious you've spent a lot of time typing up your lessons. Now follow them. I guarantee that the technical quality of your photography will improve immensely.

Quote:
I once had 60 rolls of color film: I needed to develop this film but had no water. I had to melt snow for months just to obtain the minimal amount to mix chemicals, proceess the film and print the images. I was trying to help some people that I love dearly. I spent thousands of dollars trying to do something for them for free. You read tooo much into my simple words.. I am not only in this for the money but to help as much as I can others that want to learn.
You spent thousands of dollars trying to develop 60 rolls of film? Even if you managed to invent all the chemicals by yourself from scratch, you still spent a few thousand too much. Either you're exaggerating, or you're lying.

Quote:
Everyone needs money - it is easy to make money with a camera if you use your imagination. I am trying to inspire people. that is all. Think different.
We get it. We really do. You've carved out a nice little living for yourself up in Alaska selling your thirty-year old snapshots to tourists. Your subject matter is inspiring, but your craft is not. From reading your posts, I believe you have a nice shack somewhere in Alaska where you've managed to sell enough of your photos to get by.

Quote:
I have proven far beyond any doubt, you can create stunning images with VIRTUALLY any camera. Hand a polaroid to ansel adams and watch what he could have done with that. This has been done, many times by many pros and the results published on many camera magazine covers over the decades. This is one of the reasons I make these 'silly' claims. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.
I'm not going to argue with you, you take great snapshots. But "stunning images"? In one sentence, you say you still have much to learn. In the next, you compare yourself to Ansel Adams. You lack humility, and that makes you extremely difficult to talk to.

Quote:
Using your imagination to create - ! We view our world through a viewfinder, - that which we want to capture. Creativitiy comes from 'seeing' & using your IMAGINATION. It has absoluty nothing to do with which brand of camera you use.

It is all about your COMPOSITION through - any viewfinder !
This is a great sentiment, and you keep repeating it throughout your posts. Are you just copying and pasting from somewhere? Are we even having a discussion?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:59 AM

1,396 posts, read 3,445,008 times
Phirenzic, The op joined a year ago under a different username and pedaled his photos and stories in the Alaska forums. They argued back and forth and now he's back to this forum with a different approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography